• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hypnagogic State

parker

parker

The state between being awake and falling asleep. This area IMHO is the key to fighting voices. i think i've mentioned it somewhere here that i listen to music / sounds when i sleep. Because the voice wants to keep me in this state mentioned above!

I tried listening to something differant last night and caught the voice talking to me on the tail end of this state, it's ruff for me to detect because the window for this is so small to view / more like hear:(

I'm curious about others here if they are or notice if there being messed with in this area?

R

rabina

Hi Parker,

No, I don't believe what I experienced was the same as you; I had one experience with sleep paralysis where there were no voices.

What is HM?? ? And why is this key to fighting voices?

My wretched, rotten voice does speak while I'm in bed, but not for long; it gives me a break and let's me go to sleep. Isn't it nice, but it's there first thing in the morning to greet me.

There's no rhyme or reason to the voice I hear; it's a tormentor and it either changes it's voice or there are 2-3 whatevers of them.
I have 2 different voices which I hear on tape; maybe the third one went.

Parker, why are all those people on the front forum page so happy???
They must know something I don't or did they just smile for the camera.

rabina

parker

parker

Hi Parker,

What is HM??
Sorry i do this a lot kinda a defense mechanism "In My Humble Opinion"
And why is this key to fighting voices?
I think everything leads to this,(hypnagogic) Torment is the easiest way to break a person down. I also think rapport has a lot to do with this also ( pardon me if i'm hard to understand here because hard for me to explain) I think rapport is essential to follow us into this hynagogic state plus torment makes it easier for the voices to hold us in this state.

parker

parker

There's no rhyme or reason to the voice I hear; it's a tormentor and it either changes it's voice or there are 2-3 whatevers of them.
I have 2 different voices which I hear on tape; maybe the third one went.
So you have two differant voices? Good cop bad cop?
Parker, why are all those people on the front forum page so happy???
They must know something I don't or did they just smile for the camera
When ever somebody (in person) thinks i'm crazy i just smile:D
Thats my geuss

R

rabina

Funny Parker,

No, neither are good; they're both tormentors.

They say nothing bad; continually call my name; help me, remember me, hi, it whistles, I love you, I want you, I see you, I need you-relentless; take me with you, inaudible whispering; it has the ability to follow me out into stores. It wants to drive me crazy; it's the frequency.

It sounds odd, but if I'm out in a place where there's over-head music or audio, I will only hear my name being said.

I don't know what I picked up or from where, but I don't recognize the voice at all.

It's strange how it won't speak when others are around; why is that?
I believe it's because it knows it will be heard or it's afraid; I don't know. Two other people did hear it call my name; it's not your average haunting; I wish.
I have 2 rooms where it won't speak; both don't have closets.

It's a closet speaker most of the time, but what kind of energy can follow you out into public places?
It's a prankster like Cal say's, but it's no joke.

Listen to your heart when he's calling your name; well, I listen to my brain and I say goodbye.

It's a simpleton like me, yet it tortures and torments-no angel.

parker

parker

That's intresting most people that i've talked to that have multi voices there's usually a form of good cop bad cop:(

I had seven voices in the begining and each one of them had a function. Most of them tormented but there was one that i always searched for and found comfort in. It was nicer than the others. It ended up being that high low game that is played.

I have 2 rooms where it won't speak; both don't have closets.
i wonder if there just messing with you here or there's something to this? keep us posted on this

R

rabina

Hi Parker,
Yeah, I think there's something to this; there's alot more to the story, but I won't go into details-too complicated.

Wanting attention and control are just 2 things to mention.
I believe they suffer from some sort of sleep disorder.

Child like, you know.

I'm up past my bedtime and right now it's starting to scare me; kind of screaming (whisper like though) as if it's going to come out of the closet; I wish it would, but it's a coward.

I think it gets jealous when it doesn't get my full attention which it never will.

It settled down now.
Better get to bed.