• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hypervigilance

G

Growsthings

Hi

As an element of my Ptsd I am hyper-vigilant about my health and safety, my problems come when I see things that are unsafe, not only for myself but others as well...you see I have to (obsessive) report them to whoever I feel is responsible.
Now, I live in social housing and my landlord is able to feed this, I see things all the time.
A few years ago the landlord tried to issue me with an ABC, the LGO understood me perfectly and said that the landlord was inappropriate, oppressive, discriminatory, and excessive...an individual who was involved still works for the landlord and I am once again in the position of reporting failures in [email protected], however this same individual is once again not listening to what I say......I am treated as an idiot who is a pain...its getting me down...the stress increases my flashbacks and it generally brings me down, mental health workers have strongly advised me never to be on my own with this individual...or with the local office staff.
I am currently being ordered to do something that I know is not safe for me.
has anyone any suggestions about changing the culture of "nutting" me off?

thanks

Gt:unsure:

D

Dollit

By social housing do you mean Local Authority or housing that is managed by a Local Authority? In Bristol we have Service User Groups that monitor the way that the various housing aspects work on behalf of all tenants. I sit on Estate Management which covers front line staff, housing officers etc and we pursue changes in attitude quite vigorously.

Do you have a system where you are that is the same? If you're not sure pm me and we can chat in private if you want.

G

Growsthings

Hi Dollit,

You have mail

Gt

we dont have the estate management facility you mention Dollit

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8