• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hyperawareness of my own mind

H

hollybxoxo

Does anyone suffer from hyperawareness of their own mind & how it’s working, everything that’s happening. Every thought, every feeling, every emotion, every sensation in daily life. I’m also hyperaware of my hyperawareness so there’s like thinking above my thinking. It’s like my brain is automatically always analysing my own mind and what’s going on within it and my body in correlation and so many automatic thoughts my brain produces seem to be really inwardly focused like abstracts of how things are seeming within my mind. It’s very hard to describe well. I feel so lonely with it all

N

Nukelavee

It comes and goes for me. For me it probably relates to my BPD - I'm always checking and double checking my responses and motivations, making certain what I'm acting on actually is what I'm responding to.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I would imagine that hyperawareness is better than persistently being lost in thought. BTW, welcome to the forum. :welcome:

H

hollybxoxo

I would imagine that hyperawareness is better than persistently being lost in thought. BTW, welcome to the forum. :welcome:
Thank you & unfortunately its awful and I can have horrible experiences because of it and I can get lost in thought because my brains hyperaware automatically to a point where i can then get confused as to whats even properly going on.