• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hyper vigilance

ht46

ht46

Doe anyone else suffer from hyper vigilance? I developed after violence and having threatening situations. Now I can barely leave my apartment because I view everything as a threat, my psychiatrist is getting sick of me because I fire all the community services who are suppose to help get use to being in public, it's just too stressful.

dreambuggieIII

dreambuggieIII

That was brief, for something so *important* - No brilliant answer, other than I don't like going outside per se. I feel 'over-sensitive' : And I am. I don't deal with it, so I avoid it.

ht46

ht46

That was brief, for something so *important* - No brilliant answer, other than I don't like going outside per se. I feel 'over-sensitive' : And I am. I don't deal with it, so I avoid it.
It is "*important*" to me I had a murderer who is currently serving a life sentence after me during my early twenties I'll spare you the details which led to my hyper vigilance so sorry for my sensitivity. I'm just hoping I don't develop agoraphobia because I analyse everything as a threat now.

ht46

ht46

It's brief because I don't want to go to details a bout the stabbing and other violence they delete your comment. But that's cool that's how you see me I see 50 year old trolling a mental health forum.

dreambuggieIII

dreambuggieIII

I'm sorry about that. It's reasonable to always be aware, and to better ends aloof at times - hermit like is a nicer term or having a time of solitude. My name is DB - I've been on this forum on and off since 2006-7. I'll pop off this thread. Wishing you well. Best DB

dreambuggieIII

dreambuggieIII

:woohoo::cheer: :) wonderful.
I've just dived back in,
You're right to be wary.
The anonymity here protects us better than most.

A varied opinion and many people is a strength ..... This place has been good for me.

Have a lovely evening :)

Last edited by a moderator: