• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Husbands observation on my attack. Something up with my eye

R

RiffRaff

I had a great day yesterday. Not one attack at all. My body felt quiet regulated and I did not have chills or cold extremities. Great stuff. I went to the cardiologist yesterday for a cardiac clearance for my endoscopy and all was fine.

Then this morning my husband started loudly coughing when I was asleep which set me off. I was trembling just looking ahead and he said I was not responsive to him. But he noticed something odd. He noticed my nose was running which does happen but he also said my left pupil was much bigger than the right one. And I can't make sense of that. Took about 3 hours for me to feel better after that.

Storm in a Teacup

Storm in a Teacup

Hello again! It sounds like you had a rough morning on Friday. I hope you're feeling better.
Loud, unexpected sounds can trigger me too, especially these days. It's why I have no choice but to sleep with earplugs in (unsympathetic and inconsiderate brother). And even that doesn't always ensure that I won't react to vibrations in the floor. I'm very reactive lately. I pick up on everything when I'm on the verge of being hypervigilant. It's like having enhanced super senses, but it's not fun or helpful at all!

Unless you've had it all your life, unequal pupils can be a sign of neurological disorders or eye problems, unless you are on some kind of drug that causes this as a side effect. Do you mind if I ask, are you taking any type of antidepressant? If you're currently taking medication, this could account for the unequal pupils. Apparently, some antidepressants can trigger reactions like this and it might not be anything to worry about.

It's common to get dilated pupils during a panic attack. I get it too, especially during very long attacks. But the unequal pupils are a bit worrying. Either way, please double-check this with your doctor. Chances are, it's nothing serious. But only they'll be able to confirm what's going on there or if it's being caused by any underlying medical issues. They can run tests and things.

Lizaje

Lizaje

Sounds really alarming to me. You should see a doctor ASAP, imho.