• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hurting

L

Lostlady333

I had really hoped that I was in a better place. Hadn’t SH for a wee while. Then today turned out to be a bad day. Sad as it sounds, it’s the relief I get when I’m feeling this bad. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Sorry to others that go through this too.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I'm sorry you're hurting this way Lostlady. I hope you feel better soon. Take care and best wishes.

M

Foxjo

Foxjo

I had really hoped that I was in a better place. Hadn’t SH for a wee while. Then today turned out to be a bad day. Sad as it sounds, it’s the relief I get when I’m feeling this bad. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Sorry to others that go through this too.
Do you want to talk about it?
Hugs
Fox

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
:grouphug: I'm sorry today is not good, can you turn it around? I find getting out for a walk very helpful at changing my thinking pattern. It's very cold here but with a big coat and hat, it is very pleasant outside.

L

Lostlady333

:grouphug: I'm sorry today is not good, can you turn it around? I find getting out for a walk very helpful at changing my thinking pattern. It's very cold here but with a big coat and hat, it is very pleasant outside.
Thanks. And I do try my hardest every day to use distractions. It’s warm where I live and I’ve been going on really long walks each day. I try lots of other things too, but sometimes there’s just that deep dark hole. I know it will pass, just wish it wouldn’t return like it always does.

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
Do you have any friends or family around you? A doctor that knows how you are struggling?

Are you taking any medication or having any other treatment?

Distraction is what i do with my problems.

L

Lostlady333

Do you have any friends or family around you? A doctor that knows how you are struggling?

Are you taking any medication or having any other treatment?

Distraction is what i do with my problems.
I don’t have any family or friends that understand me. I have bpd so I guess SH is only part of the problem. My doctor isn’t very understanding. Last time I saw him he said that I looked really sad, but life is hard. And all of the doctors here aren’t taking on anymore patients so there’s not an option to change. I guess the storm will pass.

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
I don’t have any family or friends that understand me. I have bpd so I guess SH is only part of the problem. My doctor isn’t very understanding. Last time I saw him he said that I looked really sad, but life is hard. And all of the doctors here aren’t taking on anymore patients so there’s not an option to change. I guess the storm will pass.
It sounds like your doctor cares even if he doesn't understand. I am certainly feeling the sadness coming through in your writing, the hopelessness.

Do you live with your family? I don't know how old you are or your circumstances, but my life changed for the better when i got my own place to live.

L

Lostlady333

It sounds like your doctor cares even if he doesn't understand. I am certainly feeling the sadness coming through in your writing, the hopelessness.

Do you live with your family? I don't know how old you are or your circumstances, but my life changed for the better when i got my own place to live.
Thank you for caring. And yes I probably sound young because of my stupid actions. But I’m actually in my 40’s. And I shouldn’t be sh at my age. Some of my children still live with me, they are older now and don’t need me as much. And I’m good at hiding my hurt and behaviours from them.

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
It's not stupid
I'm over 40 and not much has changed for me, just life is more peaceful.
I've never self harmed, not sure why, but I do other things to cope like drink too much coffee, snack, drinking sometimes but not excessively.

I hope you feel better soon.
what helps you?

L

Lostlady333

It's not stupid
I'm over 40 and not much has changed for me, just life is more peaceful.
I've never self harmed, not sure why, but I do other things to cope like drink too much coffee, snack, drinking sometimes but not excessively.

I hope you feel better soon.
what helps you?
I’m glad you’ve never self harmed. It becomes an addiction that gives me a high feeling. I also drink, but not too much.
what helps me is walking, especially to the beach. Listening to the waves is cool. I also like listening to music, watching drama programs and colouring in adult colouring books.
Thank you. I know I will feel better soon. Then I just have to wait for the next storm. Sometimes I wonder why life is so hard.