Hurting

G

goosegirl

My whole body hurts. It keeps happening and only SH really helps. I thought I was doing it because of exams but they are all over now. I don't know what the trigger has been and I dont want to leave the house or get up in the mornings. I'm not sleeping well and am very agitated.

amathus

amathus

Hi have you seen your GP about the way that you are feeling?...maybe a visit is in order.
Realistically you can't keep on SH'ing every time that you feel like this, tho I can understand why you do it.
Have you tried keeping a diary?...this may help to identify your triggers.
Do you have anybody that you can talk with? a close friend perhaps.

Try some relaxation techniques there are many relaxation cd's available, try your local library for these,
or there are podcasts which cover relaxation if you have an ipod avaiable to you...

Let us know how you are getting on, qf.

A

Allyke

Hey goosegirl, I'm sorry you're feeling like this. I know how you feel, my self harming got really bad because of exams and I thought that was just the reason I was doing it and I would stop as soon as they were over. It's not as easy as that though, it's very easy to start to rely on self harm once you've started and it's very difficult to stop again. As qualityfactor says, maybe it's best to go and have a chat with your GP...it's definitely not something that you want to let get out of control. There are also many coping strategies you can use to try and lessen your reliance on self harm. I've found some of these helpful, some of them not so much, but different things work for different people. The first one I'd recommend is when you feel the urge to self harm get something frozen like an ice cube and hold it in your hand as tight as you can for as long as you can....doesn't do any real damage and hurts like crazy so it's quite good to try and wean yourself off. I used to hug a bag of frozen peas. You could try having an icy cold shower and see if that shocks you out of wanting to hurt yourself. You can also flick yourself with an elastic band or something. I didn't find this particularly effective but it works for some people. Finally, you could try drawing on the places that you want to hurt, I found this worked quite well for urges before they get too bad as it is quite good as a distraction.
Hope everything's ok...remember we're always here if you want to talk xx

G

goosegirl

Thank you both for your help :)
I finally managed to sleep properly last night, but only after self harming a bit. I think the pain numbs me a bit and slows down my brain so I can drop off. Wounds are clean and safe ect (am getting well practiced at looking after them) so don't worry. I haven't told anyone but very nearly told my best friend who knows about my self harm. Sent a text saying 'I'm sorry I've done it again' with loads of kisses and I assumed she would get it but when she next back 'Done what?' I wasn't strong enough and just told her 'Nothing, don't worry'. If I tell her she will tell my parents and there is no point to this, its only going to make them worry about me and they can't do anything they will just try to make me stop which isn't going to happen without help. I hate doctors and refuse to go as I don't think they can do much for me and I wont talk to councillers. I managed 5 weeks before this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Self Harm Forum 2
Fairy Lucretia Self Harm Forum 4