• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hunger anxiety

P

Phil10

Sometimes I have no appetite but last few days I have felt a hunger feeling even after eating. Could this be anxiety playing up?

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

Sometimes I have no appetite but last few days I have felt a hunger feeling even after eating. Could this be anxiety playing up?
Could be. I get that way sometimes. But for me it’s more of an urge than actual physical hunger.
Are there any other symptoms showing at the same time? Bad thoughts?

P

Phil10

Could be. I get that way sometimes. But for me it’s more of an urge than actual physical hunger.
Are there any other symptoms showing at the same time? Bad thoughts?
No I don’t have any flu like symptoms or anything like that so don’t think it’s Coronavirus but I hope it’s not something else. Just seems to be a hunger when I eat I Duno why? Ive had this before when I searched my posts but it was about 4 years ago.

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

No I don’t have any flu like symptoms or anything like that so don’t think it’s Coronavirus but I hope it’s not something else. Just seems to be a hunger when I eat I Duno why? Ive had this before when I searched my posts but it was about 4 years ago.
No, just asking if you had any other anxiety related symptoms.

P

Phil10

Can anyone help?

Past few days or even week I have had these anxiety attacks where I eat and feel hungry stilled perhaps I am burning off more energy panicking? I am very worried about dying which has been on my mind constantly for2 months at least. Why am I feeling hungry when I’ve had something to eat? Is it the anxiety burning off energy?

bpd2020

bpd2020

Could it be you have not eaten enough? Maybe you need something more filling to eat?

D

DD040894

Can anyone help?

Past few days or even week I have had these anxiety attacks where I eat and feel hungry stilled perhaps I am burning off more energy panicking? I am very worried about dying which has been on my mind constantly for2 months at least. Why am I feeling hungry when I’ve had something to eat? Is it the anxiety burning off energy?
Anxiety actually burns energy and can lead to increased or decreased apettite.

P

Phil10

Anxiety actually burns energy and can lead to increased or decreased apettite.
Yes I feel anxious and struggle to eat sometimes yet feel hungry? Then If I eat a big meal I still feel hunger? Today I had this and I wanted to run home but the feelings passed and I felt better but the symptom keeps coming back why is this?

D

DD040894

Yes I feel anxious and struggle to eat sometimes yet feel hungry? Then If I eat a big meal I still feel hunger? Today I had this and I wanted to run home but the feelings passed and I felt better but the symptom keeps coming back why is this?
Do you use some medication? It could be side effect. Or maybe when you have anxiety attack you become hungry, it also can make sense, although I don't know mechanism.

P

Phil10

Do you use some medication? It could be side effect. Or maybe when you have anxiety attack you become hungry, it also can make sense, although I don't know mechanism.
I am on bipolar meds and propranolol too but I have been using these for a couple of years. Anxiety attack yes I actually suffer more this than panic. Often I feel very tense worried weak and sit worrying all day. My trigger was my wife had a dizzy spell the other week and I worried maybe one day I could be struck down by a heart attack and die I am struggling with thoughts like one day you feel fine and one day something awful happens? That’s the trigger from my wife’s dizzy spell I’ve struggled to eat or relax since and thus was 2 weeks ago?

D

DD040894

I am on bipolar meds and propranolol too but I have been using these for a couple of years. Anxiety attack yes I actually suffer more this than panic. Often I feel very tense worried weak and sit worrying all day. My trigger was my wife had a dizzy spell the other week and I worried maybe one day I could be struck down by a heart attack and die I am struggling with thoughts like one day you feel fine and one day something awful happens? That’s the trigger from my wife’s dizzy spell I’ve struggled to eat or relax since and thus was 2 weeks ago?
It could be good to talk to some psychologist about it. Are you scared of death, what your wife troubles mean to you, when those problems started, those could be good questions to help you solve your problem. Good luck.

P

Phil10

It could be good to talk to some psychologist about it. Are you scared of death, what your wife troubles mean to you, when those problems started, those could be good questions to help you solve your problem. Good luck.
Yes I am worried about dying. I mean why do I feel hunger can the anxiety burn off energy? I am very worried how one day you can feel fine and next day you can fall ill? E.g a heart attack or Covid?

I

itsmeagain

This whole Covid business is directly causing so much mental strife.
Don't worry Phil, the chances of you just dying tomorrow are very remote.

I

itsmeagain

If I overeat, my wife blames anxiety.
There's a clear link between hunger and the relief of fear via eating.

P

Phil10

Yes he is old so that’s true but my worry is bad right now I don’t want to leave too far from home incase I fall ill. I was in town the other day and felt hunger and weak and eventually it passed? When I think about it the symptom appears. I am u sure what to do about CBT as many have told me that the resources are already online. But yes right now my worry is falling ill so I just want to stay in can anyone help?

I wonder how I can go outside again and feel safe?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Anxiety Forum 0
maggie0123 Anxiety Forum 0
C Anxiety Forum 0
W Anxiety Forum 3
A Anxiety Forum 3