• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

SleepySloth

SleepySloth

Hey there, my name is... you can call me Sloth 😅

I'm 25 years old, had symptoms of anxiety and depression for years, was generally diagnosed by a doctor years ago but nothing concrete. Tried a few medications and nothing in particular has helped yet, although since 2 weeks ago I started taking Mirtazipine due to a number of reasons. Firstly I've been feeling much more anxious of late, taking a backseat in conversations and finding it hard to interact with individuals, be it feeling to nervous to pipe up in conversations or getting aggitated over the smallest of things which sets the mood for the rest of my day.

Secondly is affecting my life much more of late. I've never had issues with sleeping (staying asleep that is) but over the past 2 months I've had very vivid dreams which have ranged from very real feeling dreams or horrible nightmares that have woken me up multiple times during the night in a cold sweat. It's resulted in the rest of my day feeling groggy and on edge and I'm starting to run out of ideas what I should do. I'm sticking with the mirtazipine like the doctor ordered but running on 4-6 hours of sleep a night is running me ragged.

I'm not looking for sympathy or to be told that it's all in my head, I just want to hear other peoples accounts if they've had something similar to me and how they've resolved it, even if it doesn't result in help for me I just want to know if I'm not alone.

Anyway sorry for the blab, I just needed to get it off my chest.
Much love ❤

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
and how they've resolved it
anxiety is fear and they say to face your fears but what helped with mine was the exact opposite. it was getting further away from my fears then i had ever been before which dropped my anxiety lower then it had ever been before, allowing my focus and intelligence to increase enough to start to permanently climb out of it.

my anxiety was basically social anxiety, meaning it was related to people. people were my triggers. eventually i got a job in the bush logging. so i was away from people alot. then eventually i got my own truck which allowed me to drive to work alone instead of riding out with others. i was staying with my dad at the time and he went to germany for a month and left the house to me. so i would wake up in the house alone and drive to work alone and work out in the bush almost totally alone everyday for a month. and during that time my anxiety dropped lower then it had ever been in my life. which really helped me to realize that my anxiety was related to people and i just had to avoid people more in order to get it down. which i continued to do as much as possible. which allowed me to start breaking out of it. later my mother got a new computer and gave me her old one. that was the second biggest thing that helped because i was able to use it as a way to occupy myself in order to stay home, which kept me from going out and being around people and getting my anxiety going and getting into trouble etc... so i started staying home on the computer all the time which got my anxiety down even more. eventually my intelligence became free enough to function properly. then i started reading self help books and watching self help style videos etc.... which helped even more.

S

sadgirl

Hi sloth and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can