• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Howdy from downunder

A

Alatariel

Hi :)

I've been looking for a while for a mental health forum that isn't a ghost town. Everything local gets all of one post a month.
I have bipolar I and I'm 'high functioning' meaning I'm usually manic, but not out of control and I can go longish periods of time with meds and can usually tell when I need to go back on them. I have monthly shrink appointments to keep an eye on me though.
I need to go back on them now, started today, in fact. I can tell because I'm horribly anxious, agoraphobic, sociaphobic, not sleeping and drinking heavily. Within all that though, I'm still working full time successfully and studying full time and passing. Ain't mania a blast?
I just want to be able to talk to people who know what its like. I don't like talking to my friends about it, I don't want them thinking I'm a freak. I can't talk to my family, they worry too much. My shrink is great but 1 hour a month isn't enough and also, thats therapy. I guess I need to just chat and not have to bury the whacky.

Anyway. Hi. Nice to meet y'all. I hope others want to chat as much as I do.

J

Janeros

Hey there Alateriel,

I'm a newbie too, welcome to the site. One thing I've learnt, we're not alone here.