• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

howdy doody folks

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
Hiya all out there and seasons greetings. I have been through the 'services' in all its guises for a while now sometimes better sometimes not so good. Got a list of horrid meds to take which I feel dampen my true personality but thats a whole area of debate i will never win with the professionals so I choose not to explore it with them.

Despite this I manage to work (part time as I am am a mum to 2 young kids) - I have a great boss who understands the situation and does not wrap me up in cotton wool. I have a responsible job in a high hazard industry with a team of people around the country working for me. At present I am using my creative side to develop a new vision and way of working for our staff which my boss is very happy with.

Don't let mental health be a burden to you, work out what your strengths are and go for it. I often thought that giving my job up would be easier I now know finding the 'right' job is what counts.

Have fun speak to you soon:)

mischief

mischief

Admin
Welcome Midnight! :welcome:

Sounds like you are doing and have done some interesting things! I look forward to your contributions! I agree with you about finding the 'right' job. So often people want us to act in 'x' way while we want to act in 'y'.

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
Got some exciting opportunities for next year so I plan to keep well for those, my kids and my husband, not necessarily in that order though.

First of those was videoing the kids putting the carrots and mince pies out for Santa and Rudolf hopefully they are going to sleep now as I speak, then later I brought my poor long suffering other half a Santa outfit and I am going to video him putting the pressies in their stockings and I have a bag of fake snow to scatter across the carpet ( never mind the fact that it is rainig outside) Can't wait their little faces makes it all worth while. I read in the paper its not what you buy them for Christmas that makes the difference its the fun you have with them and thats my goal for the next few days F..U..N!!!

Make sure you all do too

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Welcome to the boards Midnight.

:welcome:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
welcome midnight.

I fully understand what you say about all the meds dampening your personality.

Had to laugh at the fake snow. I had my grandaughter staying christmas eve and we put fake snow down and sprinkled glitter on the pressies. God getting it all cleaned up was a nightmare, never again to be repeated:unsure:

A

april

Founding Member
midnight

midnight

Founding Member
thanks to you all - fake snow still there despite alot of cleaning but hey the kids faces were worth it all bless their hearts

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marcy_Cakes Introduce Yourself 8
G Introduce Yourself 6
2 Introduce Yourself 3
A Introduce Yourself 1
E Introduce Yourself 4