• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Howdi

W

will2992

The names Will (as you can tell lol)

Not a sufferer myself, but my girlfriend has recently been diagnosed with "extreme depression" and "mild manic bipolar". This has taken its toll on our relationship as of late, so just here for some support and tips/advice for both her coping with this and for me on how to care for her

Hope to speak to some of you soon

L

Lady Summer Isles

The names Will (as you can tell lol)

Not a sufferer myself, but my girlfriend has recently been diagnosed with "extreme depression" and "mild manic bipolar". This has taken its toll on our relationship as of late, so just here for some support and tips/advice for both her coping with this and for me on how to care for her

Hope to speak to some of you soon
Hi Will and :welcome:

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend and that things are tough for you too. Does your local cmht have a carer group. My husband goes to our one. It's only once a month but it's somewhere where he can go and get some support for himself. It can be hard for both of you I know. You can always start a journal on here as well. I'm not much of a one for diary's but it really helps me writing my thoughts out on here.
Hugs
Lady T
:grouphug:

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

:welcome: to the forum will2992 (y)

you sound like a good guy mate,my advice would be to give her as much love as you can,make her feel wonted & tell her you love her often,be a good listener & ask her how you could help in anyway possible.

i wish the pair of you well & i hope you save the relationship.

there is lots of nice good people around on this site so stick around mate you can get some good advice :)

W

will2992

thanks guys! unfortunately she's still in the denial stage so when i ask if i can help she just says she's not ill so doesn't need help. Only time will tell i suppose, not giving up just yet! lol

RainbowChild

RainbowChild

just echoing the other welcomes really Will....take care of you both and be strong ..my other half has been my lifeline:welcome: