• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

HOW WAS YOUR DAY???

L

laural98

Hi all,

Just coming up to 8pm where I’m from so most the day is over now..

I’m feeling better at day 7 on my meds. Still off work at the moment but doing more and more each day. Little steps.

How has everyone been today? Anything anyone would like to express? What’s something you have done today that your pleased with? I hope everyone has a good rest of the evening/day!

Hugs, laura x

L

laural98

I take it back I was feeling better. Just had to take a propanalol feeling anxious for no reason and have panic symptoms

h24

h24

Morning started with mental breakdowns, I sent to hospital for it and spent whole day there. It was tiresome and stressful.

I took a taxi ride to home which lasted over an hour. I actually had some kebab for dinner, which is a rare thing for me. I liked humus and mezes came with it better but still the lamb was ok. Then I took Ativan they prescribed to me and lord, i've missed this feeling so much. I feel as if Prof. Lockhart tried to fix my broken heart but accidently removed all the bones in my body. I now feel like a gummy bear

N

natalie

I am happily r elieved, that i have had my chiropody for foot problems, appointment. And feeling much better, oops, sorry losing me 1989, for that.

I hope all hav e a good weekend, and see you all around the MHF site, over the wekend, and or early week.

Best regards all,

Natalie.,

England, UK.

Maitri

Maitri

Hi to you all

Feeling just a bit guilty here as my day has been fine. Just a very slight sense of unease there beneath the surface, perhaps lurking, waiting to pounce with greater force. But I am slowly learning not to grip or try to hold on to the good days.

I feel pretty hopeless as far as offering any suggestions to anyone. I do sympathise, I do sense others truly there behind the words on the screen, but as I say, just feel anything said will just be trite.

So there you are. I find waffling and rambling away therapeutic, and I'm just thinking of something my little grandson asked when we tucked him up the other night...... "Grandad, what is the strangest thing anyone has ever said to you?" I could think of nothing, said so, and hugged him goodnight.

But later, musing, I did think of a "strange" thing my own daughter said to me once, when she was a little girl. With my grandson, in the morning, I totally forgot to tell him, and as I'm not going to see him again for a few days, I sent an email to my daughter (his mum) with the details of the "strange" thing said, asking my daughter to show it to him. Here it is....

Hello , grandad here. You asked me what was the strangest thing ever said to me. It was by your mum, when she was a young child. She said, right out of the blue, at bedtime, "When people die they go to shops". I was quite surprised. In fact, my cap flew off! But then I remembered a couple of days earlier we had visited a museum which contained exhibits of stuffed animals. Your mum had put two and two together and got five!

"Oh no!" I cried out. "The people in shop windows are just models, not dead people. "

" Oh" said your mum, "so why do they wear clothes?"

" That's to show you the things you can buy in the shop" (you can tell Grandad was VERY VERY wise even back in those days!)

"Oh, so if you want to buy them they take them off the model and give them to you"

"No, they have all the different sizes in the shop and you get the one that fits"

Anyway, luckily your mum soon went to sleep after that.

Well, I'm indulging myself here. The day has been good. My days have been better in fact since joining the Forum. As I said, I'm trying not to grasp at good days. But anyway, you all must have played a part. As laural98 said, little steps.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be good for us all.

O

OlderStudent

Morning started with mental breakdowns, I sent to hospital for it and spent whole day there. It was tiresome and stressful.

I took a taxi ride to home which lasted over an hour. I actually had some kebab for dinner, which is a rare thing for me. I liked humus and mezes came with it better but still the lamb was ok. Then I took Ativan they prescribed to me and lord, i've missed this feeling so much. I feel as if Prof. Lockhart tried to fix my broken heart but accidently removed all the bones in my body. I now feel like a gummy bear
im not sure what sounds better.... the feeling like a gummy bear or the talk of food! ;)