• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How to turn down a man who just wants sex?

S

squizofrenia123

Hi,

I met a extremely wealthy man in my area. I did not know he was wealthy until I looked him up. I did not think much of it at first but don't want to meet him for sex. I was a bit bored and went on a dating app. I thought I'd just chat to people and see what happens. I asked him if he wanted to talk over coffee first but he said he wanted me to go to his place for sex. So, I am afraid of him. He is very powerful too. I'm so poor and feel like all he wants is sex. But, I am so afraid of offending him. All we talk about is sex so I know this is what is on his mind. I was thinking of meeting him and hoping he would get tired of me. But, someone told me to tell him the truth that I don't want a hookup and turn him down. If he gets mad, then to block him. He knows my name and where I live. Should I be scared of him? I really don't feel comfortable with this situation. I don't know if I'm being paranoid but something is telling me not to go through with this. I don't mind being alone instead of being used for sex. Please help!! What would you do if you got into this situation where you feel like you can't offend the other party? Yet, the other party just wants to use you? Thank you so much!

S

squizofrenia123

no, not that I know from his background. He is from a well-to-do family and is very, very wealthy. I am not from such a background. I don't feel comfortable with him.

Barny67

Barny67

Hi, I see your predicament, can I ask how old he is?
This makes a difference in men, most become more respectful as they age & are less likely to persist with the sex only talk.
It’s best to set out what you expect from the dating app early doors, then they can’t say they didn’t know.
Tell him straight but respectfully how ya feel & your boundaries,?if he’s a good man he will give you the time ya need. If he’s not so then he will probably just walk away and go find someone else.
Alternatively if he becomes persistent and ya feel threatened then you can call the police telling them your concerns, they will help.
Don’t ever be afraid of any man.
Not all are as self-centred as him.
B

S

squizofrenia123

He is in his 50s

Barny67

Barny67

He is in his 50s
Just speak to him and tell to back off. If he genuinely likes you then he will wait. It sounds like he uses his wealth to get what he wants.
So id meet in a cafe not at his place or yours, were there are other people.

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

Was the app tinder? Most guys say, come over and let's have sex. I wouldn't do anything with those types. The chances of getting an STD is very high.

You shouldn't be afraid of him. I've said no many times. But you shouldn't be turned off because he has money. Poor people are more dangerous than wealthy ones.

S

squizofrenia123

Well, I turned him down and feel ok so far. I told him I may have covid and to avoid me. Thank you for the responses!!

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

If he's stating he just wants sex then at least it's clear what he is wanting.
But don't feel pressured by the fact he has money. If you want a more meaningful relationship then I doubt he's the guy for you.
Or is the money an attraction for you?

A_Wilted_Daisy

A_Wilted_Daisy

A rich man who wants sex probably won't have much trouble getting it from someone else. I'd block him, to be honest.

S

squizofrenia123

He wrote me back saying okay, and I wished him the very best. I hope he does not contact me again.