• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how to switch off so i can sleep!!!

lehcar24

lehcar24

anyone ?

i drive myself insane!!! i will lay here for hours.. its 6.17 and i have to get up at 8 lol i might aswell stay awake..

every night! i will lay down and my mind starts racing.. not that it ever stops durin the day but it feels worse at night! i jus give up and come online or watch tv...

cant have sleepin pills.. i swear i jus wanna sleep !!!! :(

i drive myself mad i want to get away from me... !!!

J

jamesdean

my thoughts n payers are with you to get good sleep sometimesI have to give in n take a ssssssssssssssssssssssleeper. JD

Mosaic

Mosaic

i share sympathy with you, i am much the same sometimes :(

during the day i am fine, but at night, like yourself, your mind goes racing, and its hard to stop it :(

i hope we both find some sort of solution,
Best of luck (y)

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

Im in your shoes. I just CANT sleep. it drives me insane too literally. I got other probs tho. The depression is bringing on the insomnia etc so thats why im up all night. Last night i just watch my husband sleep or just lie in bed thinking about stuff.

Supposedly its because i dont do much during the day for my body to say well now im tired..

I feel for you i really do xxx

lehcar24

lehcar24

Doctor wont give me any.. and i have tried almost all over the counter ones and they dont work.. i tried taking one of my grandads prescription ones once but i was up all night!! i think about it too much i guess!

but one good thing out of not sleeping at the moment is i got the twilight saga audio books and im on the 5th time of listening to them :) they are so good!! lol and it keeps me from thinking too much!

L

Lady Summer Isles

I have major sleep probs too. Am prescribed sleepers but if i take them every night the effect wears off. I've never tried audio books but sounds a good idea. What are the Twylight series about?
Tannith

iffybob

iffybob

Z for zopi ... ?

Tannith - If they are Zopiclone that is the way they work... about 7 days continuose use and then useless... I have them....

lehcar24 - I have had patches like that, is it cos you abuse them, or is that just the way he is... ?

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi Bob
Yes they are Zopiclone. I'd rather have them than nothing and try and have a few days when I don't use them. Feel lucky to be getting them as most people I know can't. Let's hope we all sleep well tonight.
Take care all
Tannith:sleep::sleep::sleep:

iffybob

iffybob

Me

I get them cos I have a breathing illness and I cant have benzodiazapines(?) any more... :) .... never liked them ...

But I am only allowed 7 at a time on perscription...

... I did not know they were hard to get perscribed ... !

N

NrLondonGuy

Hi Hope this is helpful. Iused to suffer from manor insomnia for years so some tips: I can now sleep during times when doctor look at me and say " you sure you are sleppping cos you are very anxious" but anyway here are tips:

It very much a pychological thing. You barin goes to bed with teh thought I will be awake for housr and that keep you up. Read the pychological bits on insomnia website and they will tell you how to stop thoughts worried tat keep you awake. i.e. don't lie there thinking i have ot sleep, I have to sleep. Think about a holiday or somethig relaxing. Read thorugh thema s made massive difference to me.

Have a hot bath before bed. really helps relax you
drink horlicks and hot milk
There are relaxation pocasts you can do to help relax you mind - free on itunes.
Thng that helped most for me was breathing meditation exercises - they stopped me thinking and switched my mind off cured insomnia

mindfullness meditation works wonders. (I try and do a body scan meditaiotn in bed every night on ipod as going through difficult time. (well its 1:30am now!!)

Hope that helps.

Astrid

Astrid

I have had this problem for over a decade, I know how bothersome it can be.:( I take 25mg/night of amitryptiline (sp?) and it made the problem go away. Only downside is, it is an anti-depressant so your body does become dependent on it. I have tried going off it a few times and I feel really terrible even if I try to wean off slowly. But I've been on it like 10 years. When I don't take it I either can't fall asleep or can't stay asleep, so I'll just keep taking it rather than suffer.