How to stop Thought broadcasting ?

K

Kobikobi1993

I've lived with this problem for 3 years now, and I really want to find a way to stop it completely.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

Stop indulging in it is what I did. I had it for a very long time and it still happens to me now.

I am past thinking it's real now, and it's just another one of those irritating 'quirks' of thinking that I have.

It's not as intense as it used to be, but I get intrusive thoughts that decide to do this to make me nervous when I go out.

As long as you can fight back to the thoughts of it every time it happens you can train yourself not to let it get you paranoid.

It's easy to say, I know how this thing can really play on your mind. You just have to be really strong with your mind and dismiss it out of hand as I found entertaining whether it's real or not does not help the situation.

fazza

fazza

I suffer from thought broadcasting too. The way I deal with it is by picturing in my mind a big red cinema style curtain that is blocking the screen. My leaking thought are blocked bfrim escaping by the curtain.

You can choose when and where you can open the curtain and when to keep it closed.

You have to think really hard and keep visualizing on the curtain.

Sorry if this sounds strange but it really works for me.

R

Ramle941

Do drugs like abilify or haldol treat real broadcasting,or only the delusion of broadcasting?

R

Ramle941

So medications can treat real thought broadcasting?

R

Ramle941

Is there anyway that medication can cure it?Does it eventually go away with time?

R

Ramle941

I suffer from thought broadcasting too. The way I deal with it is by picturing in my mind a big red cinema style curtain that is blocking the screen. My leaking thought are blocked bfrim escaping by the curtain.

You can choose when and where you can open the curtain and when to keep it closed.

You have to think really hard and keep visualizing on the curtain.

Sorry if this sounds strange but it really works for me.
Can drugs cure this condition?does it last forever or go away with time?