• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to stop this obsession?

HelloGuys123

HelloGuys123

Hey everyone. I am new here so nice to meet you guys. Obsession is part of the mental health right? So, i think i come to the right website.Is this forum the part of the dreamview website?
Well, this is my problem that i need some advices from you guys. I started playing a video game called chrono cross and encountered this dude. His name is lynx and of course he is a fictional character. You can google image him to witness by yourself and make judgement aboit his appearance. I fall in love with him until now. This is abnormal and i know it. For a fictional character, he looks so handsome and sexy that potentially makes me gone crazy for him. It is depressing knowing that he is unrealistic. I think i have mental disability for liking him. When i sleep, i tend to sleep beside my cat hugging it to imagine that i am hugging this lynx. But my cat is small and cannot help me feel better about it. I am learning how to lucid dreaming to meet this character in hope of curing this obsession but i still cant dream about him. When i am alone, i tend to imagine meeting him and hugging him. I am still depressed. I need you guys help on guiding me cure this obsession towards him. This lynx is too handsome for me seriously to get over it. Sorry for sounding lunatic and annoying but no kidding about this. Thanks guys.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

There are some cute guys around late teens/ early twenties? Nice guys/ well turned out!! You could find someone like him for real?

HelloGuys123

HelloGuys123

Actually... i am not ready for coupling yet. Sorry for being picky but are there an alternative ways to make this obsession wane instead of coupling? I am bad at love confession. Besides, nobody feel attracted to me though and there is no way a cat face person with a muscular body exist.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Actually... i am not ready for coupling yet. Sorry for being picky but are there an alternative ways to make this obsession wane instead of coupling? I am bad at love confession. Besides, nobody feel attracted to me though and there is no way a cat face person with a muscular body exist.
I also have obsessions - not the same thing as you - but certain things. I don't really know. Fictional characters can be quite comforting. Is it really causing you that much distress?

HelloGuys123

HelloGuys123

I also have obsessions - not the same thing as you - but certain things. I don't really know. Fictional characters can be quite comforting. Is it really causing you that much distress?
What do you obsess with? Yes, he is comforting as he looks so handsome, have you google image him? The fact that i am distress is that he doesnt exist no matter how many times i think
about him. I know i have to face reality but i am clueless right now. Do you have any good hints? Maybe your obsession isnt as strong as mine.

SarahD

SarahD

You know I really wouldn't worry about it. As long as you are also living your life in the real world, involved in other activities and meeting up with friends. As long as your life has balance this sort of thing will run it's course.

If it is the only thing you can think about... then you need to worry. If that is the case you need to make a lot of effort to get involved in doing other things so that your "obsession" is not the only thing in your life.

HelloGuys123

HelloGuys123

Ok thanks. I'll try to not thinking about him so often then and find alternative ways to stop this obsession.