• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How To Stop Self-Sabotage?

B

bonobo

I managed to fuck everything up. Everything. Because I feel as though I don't deserve a better life, because I feel as though if I try then I'll fail anyway.

How does one begin to reduce self-sabotaging behaviours?

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi bonobo, i read this and the self-loathing one - do you keep a journal and write down what is on your mind? This might help to clear some of your thoughts and feelings.

B

bonobo

Hi bonobo, i read this and the self-loathing one - do you keep a journal and write down what is on your mind? This might help to clear some of your thoughts and feelings.
Yeah, I keep a journal. I think I'm just trapped in my brain and need to get out before it kills me. It'd be a relief to know that noone cares what I do - I think it'd be a relief.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It depends what you would want to do.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I hope being here is helping xx

FuzzyPeach

FuzzyPeach

Have you had a lot of failures and bad experiences? Me too. It is hard to think positive and step over these mistakes or bad times. Well people have these experiences too, and make mistakes too, but they don't beat themselves up about them, they chalk it up to experience, their youth, a lesson learned. That is the way we need to think. Accepting that we are not perfect but growing and developing like everyone else. That kind of view helps me to be sympathetic towards young people. I know that i've been there, i'm older now, i've made my mistakes (still making them) and people forgave me and loved me anyway (not all of them but the good ones did, they saw the good in me). Sometimes we feel this way because we have been told negative things about ourselves by others. That makes thinking good of ourselves harder, but it is possible to like yourself despite that. It just takes time.

B

bonobo

Have you had a lot of failures and bad experiences? Me too. It is hard to think positive and step over these mistakes or bad times.

Well people have these experiences too, and make mistakes too, but they don't beat themselves up about them, they chalk it up to experience, their youth, a lesson learned. That is the way we need to think.

Accepting that we are not perfect but growing and developing like everyone else. That kind of view helps me to be sympathetic towards young people. I know that i've been there, i'm older now, i've made my mistakes (still making them) and people forgave me and loved me anyway (not all of them but the good ones did, they saw the good in me).

Sometimes we feel this way because we have been told negative things about ourselves by others. That makes thinking good of ourselves harder, but it is possible to like yourself despite that. It just takes time.
Thank you so much, FuzzyPeach. This feels very true xx