• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How to stop nightmares?

lost555

lost555

I want to learn how to not see nightmares, not for me but i need to know for someone.
Are there any way to stop them with some plants, foods or with something?

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I've heard that there are meditation techniques and mindfulness that can help against nightmares. If they learn how to do lucid dreaming it can help them control their dreams. They could also try sleep therapy or hypnosis or in a worst case scenario ask their doctor if they can prescribe something to help them supress their nightmares.

I hope your friend finds a way to cope with their nightmares. Take care and best wishes.

M

lost555

lost555

I've heard that there are meditation techniques and mindfulness that can help against nightmares. If they learn how to do lucid dreaming it can help them control their dreams. They could also try sleep therapy or hypnosis or in a worst case scenario ask their doctor if they can prescribe something to help them supress their nightmares.

I hope your friend finds a way to cope with their nightmares. Take care and best wishes.

M
Thanks a lot ^^

M

Mistral

Nightmares are not always bad and in fact, while scary and uncomfortable, can be beneficial in helping people deal with stresses and anxieties. So perhaps therapy, to try to find out the nature of the nightmares, should be your first option