• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to stop drinking?

C

cally75

Hi all!

Those who know me knows my court date rapidly approaching on Wednesday.
Any tips on coping with the stress apart from drinking?

The drinks not helping long term & I'm in a state of constant fear. It's been the worst year of my life. Dunno how I'll cope, stuck in court all day with all them people staring at me.

Not good at all at public speaking.
Any advice welcome. I enrolled on a meditations course. It's ok but I've trouble concentrating to listen for 30mins at a time!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I don't share your optimism! Gonna be terrifying
I have heard your story - you were trying to hand the knife in. It will be okay. If the worst comes to the worst - i don't think they will be too harsh on you.

C

cally75

I have heard your story - you were trying to hand the knife in. It will be okay. If the worst comes to the worst - i don't think they will be too harsh on you.
I know that mate, maybe a fine & drink referral order. Been told I won't get sent down. My mates lending me his pin stripe suit. I'll be more confident if I look presentable. As far as I'm concerned, I'm being judged by the queen. Can't turn up in jeans & trainers!

How u keeping anyways friend? Been quiet lately

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I know that mate, maybe a fine & drink referral order. Been told I won't get sent down. My mates lending me his pin stripe suit. I'll be more confident if I look presentable. As far as I'm concerned, I'm being judged by the queen. Can't turn up in jeans & trainers!

How u keeping anyways friend? Been quiet lately
I am doing well really. Can't complain. I have a job interview on wednesday and thats all really.

C

cally75

I am doing well really. Can't complain. I have a job interview on wednesday and thats all really.
So Wednesdays stressful for both of us? I'll swap your interview for my trial any day! Wots the job?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

So Wednesdays stressful for both of us? I'll swap your interview for my trial any day! Wots the job?
It is a software job at a hospital!!! No way we swap!!! :)