How to stop being lazy with anxiety and depression

O

ohioeddie

The past few years i have become a serious POS because of my depression and fear of health issues. I use to be out of the house and constantly doing something. For the last year or two I've had it in my head that i have a heart problem thst is undiagnosed and cannot be found by doctor's. I've had many CT scans, x Ray's, ekg. All come back absolutely normal other than a left bundle branch block on ekg machine.

All I do i lay on my bed and play games on my phone and watch YouTube. I can barely get myself to take a bag of trash outside because it causes me to be out of breath. I'm a smoker and just lay around all day so I'm really out of shape I'm guessing which is why I get winded easily but I recover fast. But I need to start being active or I feel it will really begin to cause health issues.

I wanna go have fun, I wanna be active but I'm lazy! And thought form is about as far as anything goes. I'm never going to be able to have a healthy relationship with a female, and never gonna hold a job acting like this. I am 34 years old. It's time to grow tf up but I can only identify and never execute. Is it my depression and anxiety causing it or am I using those as excuses to be lazy? Idk anymore. Advice? You can be hard. I'd rather someone tell me straight up than beat around the bush, I'm too lazy to read between the lines lmao

G

GoldFish123

I was like you for about 2 to 3 years. I lost interest in everything. You have to get up and start being active again. go to the gym for starters.You can also go to a local church. It is part of your recovery. okay? I am not saying it is easy but for you to move forward. you have start living again. Don't think you will never have a healthy relationship with a female. I used to think so too when I was at the height of my depression. I thought it was over for me on earth and right now, I don't think that anymore and I am even working on an idea to start a company. So, pick yourself up and take baby steps. what are your skills and dreams in life?

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

It's work, rebuilding yourself. You have to be serious about it and that means you need a compelling reason to break the habits you've formed that you now wish you could just change.

Medication may help if you're diagnosed and your symptoms are too strong to manage. Therapy helps only if you're committed to and engaged in the process.

Without the will to do things differently and without a vision of a better version of yourself, you'll likely continue numbing out. Until life forces you to change.

W

WonderwallGirl

I have felt the same for long time too, and one of the thing that helped me a lot was my best friend. She kind of "made" me be active, trying to talk to me a lot, asking me to go somewhere, sharing hobbies. If there is someone close to you , try to spend more time with them. I think it will help

L

LivingWithX

The past few years i have become a serious POS because of my depression and fear of health issues. I use to be out of the house and constantly doing something. For the last year or two I've had it in my head that i have a heart problem thst is undiagnosed and cannot be found by doctor's. I've had many CT scans, x Ray's, ekg. All come back absolutely normal other than a left bundle branch block on ekg machine.

All I do i lay on my bed and play games on my phone and watch YouTube. I can barely get myself to take a bag of trash outside because it causes me to be out of breath. I'm a smoker and just lay around all day so I'm really out of shape I'm guessing which is why I get winded easily but I recover fast. But I need to start being active or I feel it will really begin to cause health issues.

I wanna go have fun, I wanna be active but I'm lazy! And thought form is about as far as anything goes. I'm never going to be able to have a healthy relationship with a female, and never gonna hold a job acting like this. I am 34 years old. It's time to grow tf up but I can only identify and never execute. Is it my depression and anxiety causing it or am I using those as excuses to be lazy? Idk anymore. Advice? You can be hard. I'd rather someone tell me straight up than beat around the bush, I'm too lazy to read between the lines lmao
Hey Eddie, take the labels off yourself!!! You are not a POS (if I understand what that stands for). You are not 'never going' to have a relationship and hold a job. Growing up is absolutely nothing to do with it. Hell, you're not even a smoker. You're a person who smokes cigarettes. And you are not an anxious person, or a depressed person, you're someone potentially living with those afflictions right now. If you keep attaching labels to yourself, you'll continue to be what you're labelling yourself. That's where your focus will go. And your subconscious brain loves to feed on emotions, and specifically in your case the negative ones you're giving it.

I'd challenge you to start a daily gratitude practice, mindfulness, exercise, healthy eating etc - and do it in really small chunks. Write down 3 things you're grateful for in the morning, even if it's a warm cup of coffee, the fact the sun came up, four useable limbs etc. Feed the subconscious good emotions. With mindfulness, start learning to notice negative thoughts and detact yourself from them over time (seems impossible initially, just like running a marathon is impossible when you first start training to run). Then combine it with some form of exercise (walking is fine), improve diet etc. And write your plan all down - because that will have a better chance of holding to it. And when you tick it off, your brain gets the dopamine hit that it's currently picking up from your games and youtube.

If you feel like you want someone to hold you to it through accountability, message me. I'll happily hear about your journey as it happens.

Sounds hippy as hell but what you are is a good person who wants to get better, who when they shake off the negative labels and self-talk will be free to be the person you want to be.

O

OCDguy

Are you receiving any treatment for your serious heart condition :hug: