• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How to stop anxiety ruining the fun

M

moz808

I've had anxiety for years now, it's always ruined things that I view as fun such as hanging out with friends and it has always plagued me and tricked me into making things bad. In regards to social anxiety I would say I'm half adequate at battling it as I have done so for a long time now. But it seems there is always a new ball in play, recently it has been about my tattoos.

I really love my tattoos and piercings but recently I have spent more time worrying about how my tattoos will age or if I could have chosen a better design or placement etc. I'm having a really hard time expressing these feelings to people around me without them saying the whole 'i told you so you will regret it.' I don't regret my tattoos I regret letting my anxiety win over me. I want to enjoy my tattoos while they still look great, I get them professionally done and they look great. For some reason I have just been haunted that the tattoo designs I have picked aren't good enough especially not to be on me forever and that wow hey will age horribly, whilst I am realistic and realise that my tattoos will sag and wrinkle, I am only 20 and in love with my tattoos.

It's hard to explain but I don't regret my tattoos at all, my anxiety is just eating away at me any chance it gets. It's like being followed about by an evil Karen anywhere I go telling me how awful I look or what awful mistakes I've made (barring in mind I have 3 small tattoos that can't really be seen lol). It's putting a real damper on my excitement for my next tattoo next month but I just want to be able to look forward to it. Does anybody have any advice on how to push back the ever-looming anxiety cloud of doubt? Much appreciated, stay safe everyone x

Bod

Bod

Hi moz808, first thing I'd say is you need to tell Evil Karen to do one and leave you the hell alone to make your own choices. I have some tats as well and got them done many years ago and I am now 60 yrs old ( but don't look it ) yes the colours have faded but if it bothered me I would get them recoloured. Don't let others even bother you because you have tats as it's their problem if they don't like them, so look forward to when you get your new tat and be proud.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Im so anxious and drained all the time from this new non stop anxiety, I just want a hug. Anxiety Forum 10
R How do you stop anxiety ruling your life?! Anxiety Forum 4
O How to stop being lazy with anxiety and depression Anxiety Forum 5
B Can't stop feeling guilty about my anxiety and parenting Anxiety Forum 1
L Cant stop talking + anxiety Anxiety Forum 1
W How can I stop anxiety at gigs? Anxiety Forum 1
D Shaking from big anxiety- way to stop it? Anxiety Forum 3
G PLEASE... STOP!!!! Anxiety Forum 4
M Give a challenge to myself Stop googling symptoms one month. Anxiety Forum 8
I how to stop past mistakes haunt you and stopping you from being a better person Anxiety Forum 14
N How do you stop worrying about the things you have done? Anxiety Forum 38
P I can't stop trying to have control over everything Anxiety Forum 4
J What's going to work to stop alcohol and this awful life Anxiety Forum 12
S Does it ever stop? Anxiety Forum 16
Carol1952 More anxieties due to more storms .When will the fear stop? Anxiety Forum 33
R I have a high risk HPV and I think it will persist and turn into cervical cancer! I can’t stop obsessing I’m gonna panic! Anxiety Forum 5
M Can't stop worrying, it's ruining my life (new lump) Anxiety Forum 5
dabearwiffdasammich I don't know how to get my friend to stop saying they love me. Anxiety Forum 4
S Issue at work can't stop worrying Anxiety Forum 1
S It just won't stop Anxiety Forum 7
S Can't stop worrying Anxiety Forum 2
Carol1952 My anxieties dont seem to want to stop Anxiety Forum 4
J Can’t stop thinking I have something. Anxiety Forum 22
N How do I stop being hard on myself? Anxiety Forum 3
P Palpitations on the regular, when will it stop! Anxiety Forum 1
L I don't know what's happening, but I wish it would stop. Anxiety Forum 3
5 How can i stop him doing this? Anxiety Forum 3
I Can't stop worrying incase happens Anxiety Forum 19
midnightphoenix stop spying on me Anxiety Forum 6
M How can I stop the torture ''I don't deserve''? Anxiety Forum 3
I Can't stop crying Anxiety Forum 4
K I can’t stop worrying that my partner is going to leave me Anxiety Forum 3
E How do I stop seeking reassurance? Anxiety Forum 11
P stop Anxiety Forum 2
S Can't stop the bad thoughts! Anxiety Forum 19
elliepaige20 Getting bad again...Can't stop ovethinking new friendships? Anxiety Forum 11
W Sudden non-stop anixety after years Anxiety Forum 1
W How do I stop ovethinking and creating worst case scenarios for myself? Anxiety Forum 2
A Cant stop the music! Anxiety Forum 6
H How do I stop feeling that people hate me? Anxiety Forum 2
A I cant stop worrying about what family thinks Anxiety Forum 1
domegan1990 Want to stop my pills again ? Anxiety Forum 10
S cant stop buying things Anxiety Forum 9
Q Can't stop negative thoughts Anxiety Forum 4
J How can i stop this Anxiety Forum 9
J when will it stop Anxiety Forum 3
C How to stop drinking? Anxiety Forum 11
C stop or not? Anxiety Forum 50
T How do you stop hating how you look? Anxiety Forum 25
snips31 need migraines to stop Anxiety Forum 19