• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to rid myself of dark bulimia thoughts

P

patriciasmith

I used to repeatedly make myself sick multiple times a day, buying huge amounts of unhealthy food and bringing it back up until I finally decided I wanted to get rid of bulimia once and for all. I now no longer binge on vast amounts of food and try to eat a balanced diet as well as exercising a normal amount, but I can't get rid of the though that bulimia is still an option if I eat too much. I have yet to go a day without purging even though I wake up each day saying today will be the day. I'll eat a normal dinner but then throw up half of it because I feel it is too much. I am going to seek medical help after we are out of lock down but at the moment being at home not doing anything I get bored and very tempted to binge. Does anyone have any tips on how to rid myself of the horrible thought in the back of my mind that bulimia is still an option? Has anyone got any experience on how they have tried to cope?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Just some ideas. Share your food, lock your income somewhere inaccessible or have it managed. Keep yourself ultra busy. Distract yourself with interesting things like a new documentary (try weird deep sea creatures maybe)? Eat low GI food as it keeps you fuller for longer as well as high protein food

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Also these eating disorders are an environmentsl city thing so don't feel guilty. There is an over abundance of unnaturally convenient and accessible food choices. Everyone in the city is probably suffering an eating disorder of some type. It's political.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Also replace over-convenience with your physical labour. Example: soon I will be doing the difficult task of lighting fire with sticks if I want to cook. I'm not going to use my stove anymore. Walk to work instead of driving etc... it sounds crazy but actually capitalists are crazy.