• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to not obsess about a hard to solve problem ?

A

Arleen

I know I should not lose hope because there is always a way out of every problem. But, everytime I try to solve the problem, the solution gets hindered due to my mistake or due to people and things in my surroundings. When I approach people and ask them for a solution, all they say is don't worry and the problem will be solved. If the problem is not getting solved, then how can I not worry about it ? I want to be happy in my life but how can I live while suffering with this problem. The problem is sleep deprivation, which is causing me to not feel good.

P

Professionalhypochondriac

I know I should not lose hope because there is always a way out of every problem. But, everytime I try to solve the problem, the solution gets hindered due to my mistake or due to people and things in my surroundings. When I approach people and ask them for a solution, all they say is don't worry and the problem will be solved. If the problem is not getting solved, then how can I not worry about it ? I want to be happy in my life but how can I live while suffering with this problem. The problem is sleep deprivation, which is causing me to not feel good.
Sleep deprivation is awful... and it is important to find a solution for yourself as lack of sleep will only make mental health issues worse.
I get your frustrations as how can you not worry when yo are struggling to get one of the fundamentals things of life. I assume you have but what did your healthcare provider recommend ?

A

Arleen

Does 'healthcare provider' mean a doctor ?

A

Arleen

It's ok. No, I did not ask a doctor. According to my observation on myself, I am not able to fall asleep when I am worried about something or when I suffer from something that makes me sad. On 7th January, I was not able to fall asleep because something happened that made me feel unhappy. The next day, I was not able to fall asleep because of OCD (not diagnosed) thoughts. Then, I started worrying about the things (everything) I was not able to due to lack of sleep. Now, I am just stuck in a loop. I am worried about the things (everything in my life) I can't do due to lack of sleep. And I am not able to do anything due to lack of sleep.

A

Arleen

Yesterday, I ate a medicine that helps to sleep. I slept for 8 hours 22 minutes (Mi Fit Band analysis). Then, I woke up and went to college. But, I still felt like I did not get sufficient sleep. Thus, today I have lost all my hope in life. I could have not gone to college but I wanted to enjoy in college, which I wasn't able to due to lack of sleep. I also tried to sleep back again, but I could not fall asleep due to random uncontrollable thoughts.

N

Nukelavee

Sometimes, too much sleep is as bad as not enough, and sleep aids can leave you feeling slow and tired.

And, if you are feeling depressed, that will take all your energy away.

Have you tried meditating, before bed? It sometimes works for me.

A

Arleen

No, I tried meditation a few times but never liked it. But, I never tried it before bed. I will try meditating today.