• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

How to not feel alone in the struggle

J

joe_rabbit

Hi, I recently joined the Forum, and I'm excited to find others to share with and learn from.

One of the biggest struggles with OCD is how alone I feel with the disease. My loved ones know I have it, but they don't understand it. Some choose not to know, and others show a passive interest when I try to explain it to them.

I know it's not up to them to work through the disease, but its hard to overcome the compulsions without anyone I know understanding why I feel them or how they work.

How do you deal with the loneliness of having this disease that no one understands?

Jbb79

Jbb79

People understand it, Just not Very well x They Don't under-stand how Necessary, It can feel, To do OCD-Stuff x x

T

TroubleinParadise

If it helps, it wouldn't take me long to understand you. I understand the struggle, it gets quite lonely. Be careful who you speak to. Mental illness is a very complex topic that a lot of people will misunderstand.

Please be selective.