How to meet people with mdd that undertstand

A

ajz8771

I suffer from major depressive disorder and no one seems to get it. They all say your a man just go to work like everyone else and stop complaining. I have been hurting myself at work over the years to not deal with the pain of my depression. People always taking advantage of me and treating me like garbage has all contributed my illness.

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It infuriates me when people say such inconsiderate things! All it means is they have never struggled themselves. I am very sorry you have had such insensitive people around you. No doubt they have made you feel even worse. Of course you cannot work if you are feeling so bad and you must not blame yourself for that or listen to them. I find it hard to be friends with 'normal' people as they say things that make me feel worse about myself. Please feel free to talk on here as there a lot of people who understand. :hug:

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

ajz8771
At times I could be quite belligerent with arseholes I just didn’t care. I had more than enough to cope with and at other times people could take the mick.

I think some people were wary of me and as a result I didn’t get a constant stream of it. But I had a hard enough time dealing with the them and us attitude and if that wasn’t enough the bitchiness and gossip. And that made me weary and I always refused to get involved with it. So that didn’t make for “friendships” just like being at school the same olde shit but with a different wrapper

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Depression Forum 0
M Depression Forum 8
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 32