How to make more friends?

A

Angel Feather

I am a really quiet girl who needs a few more friends .... i think people don't like me just because i'm quiet/socially anxious

Everyone shouts at me when I don't talk and really gets annoyed with me

any ideas how I can develop my social skills

or am
I doomed forever?

S

starfish

dolores

i may not be the best person to reply to your queries, but i have suffered social anxiety from childhood. i was made to stand up and speak to my class aged 5 years and it terrified me and i think that this and being bullied finished me off. my daughter has also been bullied at school and has suffered similarly. however since she has been at uni she has had councelling and done assertive training, and now the boot is on the other foot so to speak, and she picks and chooses her friends and speaks her mind to people trying to put her down, its an amazing change in her, one i never thought would happen. we have talked about friends and reccon that to have about half a dozen true friends in a life is the best any one can hope for and aquaintences, you can have many. i dont know your age if your at college or working but, maybe you could have some councelling and assertiveness training:grouphug: and then you may be able to deal with those who are shouting at you.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
ASK QUESTIONS and listen to hat people say that was the best advice anyone ever gave me and you get to LEARN much more cool stuff. also if you are in a siyuation like that i dont do it all the time but did it once with marvelous results i told someone i always get nervous in these situations she said thats she did too and i had a lovely conversation because id opened up to someone. KEEP GOING and practise may i ask why people shot at you for being quiet. good luck and be brave diddy

A

Angel Feather

thanks for the replies

people shout at me because they think its rude when i dont have anything to say

yeah i tried an assertiveness course but i dont think it helped

Angel Feather

A

Angel Feather

Dolores

can i ask where she has done the assertiveness training? which company?

Cheers :grouphug:

S

starfish

dolores

the councelling and assertiveness training were both offered by her uni.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Social Anxiety Forum 8
P Social Anxiety Forum 4
G Social Anxiety Forum 4
R Social Anxiety Forum 4
H Social Anxiety Forum 4