• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How to make first contact?

mini

mini

Hi
I am not sure what it is about me that is messing up my life - but I need to know how you ask for proper help. I am a horrible mixture of feeling really positive about everything, being able to overcome every problem I encounter and feeling like I am friends with the entire planet - to a really normal day-to-day mood where I just get on with life, and then below that there's the moods I get where everything is just bleak. I mean, really bleak - I end up sitting at home crying for two or three days and life really doesn't seem worth the effort anymore - it's like my brain conspires against me and dumps every negative thought it can on an already black mood....and it's hard to explain just how alone I feel, utterly futile life seems - and it's getting quite self-destructive and freaking me out - because I feel like I have three me's. If I feel like that I still try to go to work and pretend I'm ok - but then I get a double-whammy of the depressed feeling because I've had to really struggle to seem ok and then when I'm alone again it's twice as bad as before.

I'm sorry this is a long post but I have run out of ppl to talk to about this - even one of my closest friends who explained to me how his bipolar affects him - but then I thought it would be unfair to metaphorically vomit all this confusion on him too so I didn't....but it sounds similar...I feel like my own mind is sabotaging me - and this has been going on since I was about 14 - I'm 25 in a coupla days and have reached breaking point because it's got so bad of late. Somethings going to give - I just want to know if this is something I should seek help with - and basically how to go about it - cause deep down I'm scared any one professional i talk to will tell me to stop being silly. Sorry this is such a long thread. thanks for reading

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi and :welcome: to the forum. I think you should go and see your GP if you think things are getting worse. He/she will have seen this sort of thing before and I'm sure they won't say you're being silly. Maybe print out what you've written here and show it to the doc? I know how hard it is to remember to tell them everything you want to!

Now you're here, you've not run out of people to talk to any more, there's plenty of people that have been through the same sort of stuff, and we've all been through the MH mill one way or another.

Take care, let us know how you get on.

J

jekel1

hi

i only got told i had bp1 3 weeks back and im on meds now and getting there, it was not nice the first meeting with your g.p but it has to be done dont be e brassed about telling them everything, other wise they might miss it xxxxx:grouphug:

mini

mini

Thank you for responses - said friend has volounteered for hand-holding to visit gp as he said he thought I might be considering it...but thank you for making me feel less freaked out by this whole thing.

Peas and chicken grease.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Good stuff, let us know how you get on. And I see you're another Kent person :)

F

flukebox

do the mastercleanse, the full ten days, minimum

you may find, like 99% of others, all their worries, fears and problems dissapear, literally, down the toilet

for when we eat we record our emotions along with the food we ate

should that food become stuck or lodged in our intestines, we continually associate the 'taste' of it inside us wihch triggers the bad emotions and thoughts

when you flush these old bits of crap out, the crap will leave your body, which will stop polluiting your bloodstream, which feeds your brain and heart and pollutes them

i'm not talking about theory, im talking about personal experience

here are some rather grim but realistic examples of what i am talking about

http://www.blessedherbs.com/bh/colon_testimonials?rdi=a:3:{s:5:%22https%22;N;s:5:%22where%22;s:22:%22/bh/colon_testimonials%22;s:6:%22origin%22;s:2:%22BH%22;}

i would not recommend purchasing the cleanse from that website as it seems a little pricey for salt, ginger, maple syrup and lemons lol

instead do yourown homework on the mastercleanse and read reviews for yourself

just remember

this is a CLEANSE, not a diet, steer well clear of any site that advertises it as a diet

they are missing the point

here is a good one http://themastercleanse.org/

what you will find, is that the nausea, anxiety fears and worries your experiencing the day before, will dissapear with the daily flush, permanently

imagine that

a fresh start

i've done it, it works

oh and as for the crying, thats healthy too!

if you couldn't cry, you'd technically be the living dead

hope some of this helps

D

mini

mini

thx for your advice - but although I suppose your diet will affect mood over time - I think that what I'm trying to sort out is not food-related.

J

jamesdean

hi mini how are you doing right now? I read your first post I hope that this forum can be supportive afriendly place to be n fun keep posting hopefully it will help take care regards JD

mini

mini

hi jamesdean
Things are ok at the mo - having a good week - the forum has been really useful and the people are really friendly and supportive. Have still not had the guts to go to the gp but I think it's cause when I feel 'normal', it seems weird to bother them. But I will. Thanks again
mini

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hiya, maybe when you feel more 'normal' as you say is a good time to go as you will be able to explain better.

Keep posting :)