• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How to make a complaint

DyingAngel

DyingAngel

I've tried speaking the manager about changing care Co as my one is usless. He said I was going to be discharged anyway. So I told him to do it and send me a letter in the post. Which I got today. It was very rude and upset me.

Does anyone know how I can take this further? I don't care about me but I don't want other people being treated this way.

Thanks

A

Aurelius

Okay this is current as of just now when I checked (source How to complain to the NHS)

Contact your local clinical commissioning group (CCG) for complaints about secondary care, such as hospital care, mental health services, out-of-hours services, NHS 111 and community services like district nursing, for example.

Every CCG will have its own complaints procedure, which is often displayed on its website.

Find contact details for CCGs - link to NHS search tool

Hope this helps.

A

Aurelius

I hope you have some success. In the meantime I hope you have a very Happy New Year!!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if you complain it'll be put down to mental illness i've known no one to suceed you could find an advocate whose mental health isn't under question to make the complaint

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
I have been successful, I complained and got a new psychiatrist.
It isn’t right how you’ve been treated.
An advocate is a good idea as well.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
they're discharging everyone, before xmas i had an interview with some rethink women an asssessment, the next week i had a call the women had got another job and they were discharging me

i e mailed the rethink support line, they said they're not responsible for rethink services and to ask my gp to re refer me, it was enough getting my gp to refer me the first time

i don't see what i can do and to get a label as trouble won't help either, don't know why i mention it here

mayflower i don't know your circumstances other than your important enough in the scheme of things to have a shrink

DyingAngel

DyingAngel

Thank you.
Im starting to doubt myself now if it's even worth it. I feel. Like they don't care anyway

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
they don't care

A

Aurelius

Try not to give up. If you push enough buttons often enough one might work. If we are lucky, it might happen in ten pushes. Where I live it is probably ten times that. My dad often says we should do for ourselves what we would do for a little helpless child. I think he is right.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
as i say even asking for help nowadays is banging your head against a brick wall and making an existing situation worse by expending the effort of asking for help