• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

how to lose weight especially belly fat.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

i a huge belly i want to lose it fast, what is the fastest way to slim your belly fat and lose weight. i just eating nuts, vegetables. and vegetable juice. im going to cut out zero calorie drinks, sodas and drink more water. can you guys tell me some tips thanks, to make the process faster.

Z

Zoe1

I don't think your diet sounds healthy Beastmode

there are no carbs. you need wholegrain carbs
to make it balanced and in order to be able to exercise

Michelle Kelly

Michelle Kelly

I lost a trouser size in a few weeks by eating what I normally ate but in half sized portions - so for example, I'd have a small sandwich instead of a standard sized one and a small chocolate bar instead of the 100g ones I'd been eating. I also follow the rule of not dieting for too long at any one time - so no more than 3 weeks at a time - as that increases the risk of your metabolic rate slowing down, as does severely restricting your calorie intake.

Your current diet won't last very long or be a healthy one if you only eat what you're eating right now. It's much better to lose weight slowly and keep the weight off, than to have a strict diet and put the weight back on once you've had enough.

D

danmarkok89

I lost about 20kg this year using a turbo trainer and going for walks twice a day, it was tough and it took a while but well worth the effort. Its all about a calorie deficit, if you can achieve that then you're good to go, you should watch the weight drop off, albeit slowly but surely, you just need a reasonable level of discipline as well. Also, if you just do the same thing over and over again, you will probably hit a weight loss plateau so you'll need to do different stuff or more stuff as you generally lose a little muscle as you lose weight and your body becomes more efficient and burns less calories to do the same amount and type of exercise over and over again. I would wake up, have a cup of coffee, do my morning trip to the toilet then go for a walk, come back and have have meal and then start preparing food so its ready for immediately after my turbo session, then hop on the turbo for about 45-60 minutes whilst sipping water as you sweat so you don't get dehydrated (that's to get you started anyway, you can increase how long you can pedal for as you get fitter plus you'll want some TV to watch or something like iTunes or Spotify tolusten to some cheesy dance music or whatever to keep you occupied and motivated if not it just gets real boring and you quit quicker without it) then you eat your meal you prepared, after this I normally sit and watch TV for a while (an hour or so should be enough for your meal to digest) and then have a shower and then I go for another walk (my walks last about an hour and 15 minutes although I walked quite fast). Then after that you can sit and relax and watch TV, you'll probably feel pretty sleepy by that point and you'll probably sleep like a baby which is always a bonus

Oh and eating a reasonably good diet of sorts, I just eat fish, meat and eggs and cultured yoghurt like kefir (split into 2 daily meals where I get about 25-30g protein per meal)now with all the fruit and veg I want including kimchi and sauerkraut (sometimes I'll have ten pieces / servings a day) and a tiny amount of nuts and nutritional yeast flakes although they're not essential. Occasionally I'll have a little bit of bread but that's more of a treat for me and it does make my weight go up a little bit again but it comes off again the next day or so if I lay off the bread. Clean eating generally is sort of what it's all about, just good nutrition, no sauces or snacks in between meals although I do sometimes add a little fajita paste to the chicken I put in the oven to make it more palatable.

Oh and 2-4 cups of coffee a day with frothed milk (no sugar or sweeteners though) plus plenty of water, I drink about 3 pints (about 1500ml / 1.5litres) a day, maybe 4 on a heavy turbo day...

I hope this helps! You can do it, I didn't believe I could and I'm so happy that I tried because I was determined to get in reasonably good shape and I did it and it was well worth it...

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

I don't think your diet sounds healthy Beastmode

there are no carbs. you need wholegrain carbs
to make it balanced and in order to be able to exercise
i feel fine, i still have energy workout.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

I lost about 20kg this year using a turbo trainer and going for walks twice a day, it was tough and it took a while but well worth the effort. Its all about a calorie deficit, if you can achieve that then you're good to go, you should watch the weight drop off, albeit slowly but surely, you just need a reasonable level of discipline as well. Also, if you just do the same thing over and over again, you will probably hit a weight loss plateau so you'll need to do different stuff or more stuff as you generally lose a little muscle as you lose weight and your body becomes more efficient and burns less calories to do the same amount and type of exercise over and over again. I would wake up, have a cup of coffee, do my morning trip to the toilet then go for a walk, come back and have have meal and then start preparing food so its ready for immediately after my turbo session, then hop on the turbo for about 45-60 minutes whilst sipping water as you sweat so you don't get dehydrated (that's to get you started anyway, you can increase how long you can pedal for as you get fitter plus you'll want some TV to watch or something like iTunes or Spotify tolusten to some cheesy dance music or whatever to keep you occupied and motivated if not it just gets real boring and you quit quicker without it) then you eat your meal you prepared, after this I normally sit and watch TV for a while (an hour or so should be enough for your meal to digest) and then have a shower and then I go for another walk (my walks last about an hour and 15 minutes although I walked quite fast). Then after that you can sit and relax and watch TV, you'll probably feel pretty sleepy by that point and you'll probably sleep like a baby which is always a bonus

Oh and eating a reasonably good diet of sorts, I just eat fish, meat and eggs and cultured yoghurt like kefir (split into 2 daily meals where I get about 25-30g protein per meal)now with all the fruit and veg I want including kimchi and sauerkraut (sometimes I'll have ten pieces / servings a day) and a tiny amount of nuts and nutritional yeast flakes although they're not essential. Occasionally I'll have a little bit of bread but that's more of a treat for me and it does make my weight go up a little bit again but it comes off again the next day or so if I lay off the bread. Clean eating generally is sort of what it's all about, just good nutrition, no sauces or snacks in between meals although I do sometimes add a little fajita paste to the chicken I put in the oven to make it more palatable.

Oh and 2-4 cups of coffee a day with frothed milk (no sugar or sweeteners though) plus plenty of water, I drink about 3 pints (about 1500ml / 1.5litres) a day, maybe 4 on a heavy turbo day...

I hope this helps! You can do it, I didn't believe I could and I'm so happy that I tried because I was determined to get in reasonably good shape and I did it and it was well worth it...
nice

D

danmarkok89

Well if it helps you then I've done my job by explaining it...

Good luck! You just got to be determined, believe in yourself and maybe spend a little on gym equipment or join a gym and buy some good food

EdEd

EdEd

i a huge belly i want to lose it fast, what is the fastest way to slim your belly fat and lose weight. i just eating nuts, vegetables. and vegetable juice. im going to cut out zero calorie drinks, sodas and drink more water. can you guys tell me some tips thanks, to make the process faster.
Engage your core in most of your workouts.. the plank was a life saver for me when I weighed 252.. so planking and engaging that core is extremely useful in getting rid of belly fat.

EdEd

EdEd

Dieting you need to go into a calorie deficit from my understanding.. I would think that would also assist in losing belly fat.

catmommy

catmommy

Belly fat....are you regularly consuming alcohol? That's a deal breaker. Just saying.

D

danmarkok89

Belly fat....are you regularly consuming alcohol? That's a deal breaker. Just saying.
Yes wine and beer etc really make me put on the pounds / kilos, best avoided. Plus it's no longer doing my mental health much good, especially good whiskey, that always makes me feel like I'm gonna have a relapse about a week later

N

Newuser6655

Run, then run some more, and then when your tired run a bit more... only thing that works for me ha!