• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to live with this illness you guys?

T

Tvgirl

How do you live with this illness? I came to terms and told myself that I really have schizophrenia and that everything I’m experiencing is just the illness. It’s a tough pill to swallow. When do things get easier with this illness?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

How do you live with this illness? I came to terms and told myself that I really have schizophrenia and that everything I’m experiencing is just the illness. It’s a tough pill to swallow. When do things get easier with this illness?
Once your diagnosed things get slightly better. But lets be honest. Its hard to live with and its not got much easier in my lifetime.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

if you have a good family though it will make your life much easier

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Are you on meds? Do you have a CPN? Do you have family support?

R

redpillar

i read it gets better in middle age. i think with time you learn to manage it and accepting your illness is a huge thing.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

i read it gets better in middle age. i think with time you learn to manage it and accepting your illness is a huge thing.
Suppose thats subjective. Im goin
On 40 and still stuggle.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

it got better after 50-55 for a relative of mine.
Thats good to hear. My mother wass 33 when she passed. And my father tried to end it many times but it was cancer that ended him at 50

Globe Winner

Globe Winner

It does get easier in time, after a while for me anyway i had no choice but to learn to normalise it and just accept that it could potentially be a part of my life forever. After a while the obsession i had noticing all the things going on around me just became normal. Maybe look into your own expectations of where you want things to go or what ideally you want to change if you could. in this instance it will probably be easier to manage your own expectations than manage the environments youre in , i started by turning 0ff the tv and radio

T

Tvgirl

It does get easier in time, after a while for me anyway i had no choice but to learn to normalise it and just accept that it could potentially be a part of my life forever. After a while the obsession i had noticing all the things going on around me just became normal. Maybe look into your own expectations of where you want things to go or what ideally you want to change if you could. in this instance it will probably be easier to manage your own expectations than manage the environments youre in , i started by turning 0ff the tv and radio
Great idea!

L

Lab rat

Don’t believe anything your mind tells you, until it’s verified by a trusted source. If the tv is talking about you, turn it off!