• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to know if I have bipolar?

T

thatrez

How do I know If I have bipolar disorder? I have been diagnosed with another MI but I am unsure of that diagnosis and think I identify more with what I have heard about bipolar:):(

emski

emski

How does anyone know they have any disorder? Nobody can actually know for certain with any dignosis, since there are no tests to certify. Medics diagnose on symptoms matching up to certain criteria, and the diagnosis is useful only for them to be able to know how to treat us. It's just a label or a category. When you say you have another MI do you mean mental illness? If you are unsure about your diagnosis you really need to approach whoever gave you this diagnosis and ask them what their rationale for this particular diagnosis is. Good luck :flowers:

S

suzy

I think you would know if you had a high, was off your head and was out of control and went mentally insane!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahah if you have been diagnosed with something else why do you think they are wrong. Maybe it is part of that mental illness that is making think you are bipolar?

W

Watercolours

Ideally it would help if you told us what you had been diagnosis with?

It can take many years to get an accurate diagnosis and often people can find themselves having to go through several different diagnosis until they get the right one, if that... it can also take different combinations of medication.

Have you seen a regular Psychiatrist? A CPN?