• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How to keep hope alive?

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

I have been depressed for over 2,5 years now. I have tried psychotherapy, TMS and am now getting ready for my 5th medication switch. Nothing really seems to help. How do you guys keep pushing forward in life? I feel like I should come to terms with just feeling depressed the rest of my life, or at least a great portion of it, but I don't think I will ever be ready to to do this

I

IsaD

I don't know. I can kind of relate. I get really depressed with not wanting to go on. I just come up with a To Do list and talk to people who I find encouraging. Is there anyone you know in real life who just changes your perspective?

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

Well, I don't think people can change my mood. But Inge, my writing teacher does inspire me to become a better writer. She always gives well-balanced constructive feedback and clearly has mastered the English language despite her Dutch roots. Something I admire.

Is there someone who changes your perspective?

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

I have been depressed for over 2,5 years now. I have tried psychotherapy, TMS and am now getting ready for my 5th medication switch. Nothing really seems to help. How do you guys keep pushing forward in life? I feel like I should come to terms with just feeling depressed the rest of my life, or at least a great portion of it, but I don't think I will ever be ready to to do this
For me, the moment I actually just stopped planning for ”when I get better” had me getting to a better place already.
Acceptance and a day by day mentality sort of.

I

IsaD

Talking to my dad helps make my perspective more hopeful. He always has so many possible ideas for the future where I felt there was no hope.

I

IsaD

Well, I don't think people can change my mood. But Inge, my writing teacher does inspire me to become a better writer. She always gives well-balanced constructive feedback and clearly has mastered the English language despite her Dutch roots. Something I admire.

Is there someone who changes your perspective?
Talking to my dad helps make my perspective more hopeful. He always has so many possible ideas for the future where I felt there was no hope.

Q

Quietman5

It feels like groundhogs day every single day doesn’t it?

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

For me, the moment I actually just stopped planning for ”when I get better” had me getting to a better place already.
Acceptance and a day by day mentality sort of.
Yea, I also try to take every moment as it is

M

Mert

M

Mert

i am new but i can tell you i feel the same way, i had to go onto social security disability and lost my good paying full time job due to not being able to return to work after a three month leave of absence. i feel depressed every day, but i have to keep going. what is the alternative? i cant just end it all. have you tried gratitude for the things that are good in your life? i do an alphabet gratitide list from a to z of one thing for each letter. it seems to help. hang in there in the fight you can do it! Mert

kingkylie

kingkylie

I've been struggling the same thing! I was just about to post a thread about this.. Maybe I'm not the right person to reply this because honestly like I said I'm still struggling too.. But reading your post made me want to let you know that you're not alone in this and i really hope that eventually we both can get through this... As if for me, what kept me going is actually my friends and family. I don't have the heart to give up and make my friends and family sad or get depressed as well because of me... That's the only reason and if I don't have that honestly I really dont know... But like I say, you're not alone. Sending lots of hugs!

kingkylie

kingkylie

i am new but i can tell you i feel the same way, i had to go onto social security disability and lost my good paying full time job due to not being able to return to work after a three month leave of absence. i feel depressed every day, but i have to keep going. what is the alternative? i cant just end it all. have you tried gratitude for the things that are good in your life? i do an alphabet gratitide list from a to z of one thing for each letter. it seems to help. hang in there in the fight you can do it! Mert
This is interesting. But what if I can't find the word for each alphabet? Like what if there's really nothing to be grateful for?