how to improve on social anxiety?

M

MarkClarke

no matter how often i practice talking to people, my social skills still suck i don't know how to improve or what's wrong with me i really don't know how to talk to people

J

Jules5

Sit back and watch for awhile then talk or mention something that you feel comfortable with. People love to talk talk talk talk so do not feel like you have to say anything or just maybe you are hanging out with the people not like you. I drib
ve a Volkswagon not a Jaguar

M

MT1

no matter how often i practice talking to people, my social skills still suck i don't know how to improve or what's wrong with me i really don't know how to talk to people
i know it's not easy to just go and talk to people .we can describe this as social anxiety. have you ever tried meditation/ yoga?

J

Jules5

Talk about the weather everyone loves to discuss the weather-this way you start out and hopefully it will lead into another topic-like your dog cat job or what you are doing. The weather trick always works because we all have something to say about the weather. Hugs

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Learn to ask open ended questions i.e. questions that you can’t just answer yes or no to. Try thinking of a few while your on your own and maybe write them down.
Example:
Are you going on holiday... reply yes/no
Instead
Whereabouts are you going on holiday... states place ... which opens you up to asking about the place, hotel, etc

axnkool

axnkool

Do not talk with fvcktards, just look for people who enjoy communicating with you and you also enjoy talking with that people - it's easy! it how exactly communication works I found. If you have tried several times to talk with somebody, but he/she behave like a bitch, just ignore that person if no other relations between you this person. It's probably not the perfect way to build a social contacts, but it may works for you!

ReverieAnxiety

ReverieAnxiety

Hi MarkClarke!

Do you think your social anxiety have to do anything with your self-esteem? I find that when I feel confident about myself, I don't worry too much about what I say. And I'm a pretty awkward person, so I expect my conversations to not be so free-flowing as others lol, but I will consider that a part of my charm now.

-Reverie