• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to ignore what doesn't want to be ignored?

Ras

Ras

Always see him in the corner of my eye sight watching and trying to get my attention. Whispering in my ear while trying to sleep. Smelling his burnt flesh. I cant ignore any of it no matter how hard i try.
losing patience with this shit, I just want to be alone..

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Does your psychiatrist know about this?
Best way to get rid of these type of things is to be on the right meds and stable dose.

Is there anything that you've noticed that helps with this too? Even just a little bit?
Closing eyes and meditating? Grounding techniques?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

that sounds awful ,im so sorry please seek help from your doctor as soon as possible x
has anything helped in the past? here for you x

Z

Zaz3

It's probably medication that caused it all in the first place.

B

Blackrose09

Repeat yourself everytime when this happens that is not true at all, that he does not exist. Don't give it a second of attention, don't think about it at all if possible.. (This worked for me in the past) and than rapidly shift your focus on other things, things that keep you grounded in reality.. Don't know exaclty how to explain.
Hope I'm not doing more harm sorry if I do. I'm just trying to help.

I'm sorry for what you experience, seems terrifying.

L

Lab rat

Sounds like Freddy Krueger! I don’t even want to contemplate what that must be like having him running amok in your mind.

Ras

Ras

Does your psychiatrist know about this?
Best way to get rid of these type of things is to be on the right meds and stable dose.

Is there anything that you've noticed that helps with this too? Even just a little bit?
Closing eyes and meditating? Grounding techniques?
He does not. I dont trust him at all really and know if i say anything he will try to get hospitalised again.
Anything that can distract me helps. something that gets my full attention, video games sometimes help. Going for Runs also is a big thing i do to distract myself.

Ras

Ras

that sounds awful ,im so sorry please seek help from your doctor as soon as possible x
has anything helped in the past? here for you x
it can be. More annoying really.
anything that gets my full distraction can help. If i acknowledge him, it gets worse

Ras

Ras

Repeat yourself everytime when this happens that is not true at all, that he does not exist. Don't give it a second of attention, don't think about it at all if possible.. (This worked for me in the past) and than rapidly shift your focus on other things, things that keep you grounded in reality.. Don't know exaclty how to explain.
Hope I'm not doing more harm sorry if I do. I'm just trying to help.

I'm sorry for what you experience, seems terrifying.
no harm done at all bud. I know its not real. I have ways of helping with that sort of thing, for example i have a dog and if that dog doesn't react to what i am seeing or hearing i know its not real

Ras

Ras

Sounds like Freddy Krueger! I don’t even want to contemplate what that must be like having him running amok in your mind.
sounds like Freddy Krueger and i wish it was me seeing him, Freddy is at least entertaining. Nah this guy looks and sounds nothing like Freddy. Only good thing about it is it doesnt seem to be able to talk loud or at normal volume at all and just whispers. I cant deal with loud noises or yelling very well, so that is a positive