• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

how to handle relationship paranoid episode

I

imstillstanding

i am really paranoid on these days and i think my fear of abandonment triggered for some reason and i cant really talk about this to my partner because after i tell i always feel like my partner doesnt want to be with me because of all this stuff and my partner is going to leave me
i am tired of asking questions to my partner it bothers my partner and my friends are not helping me too they are just saying that im crazy i made up all this in my head and they dont want to talk with me
i really need your advices on how to handle paranoia or fear of abandonment

Wonder_land99

Wonder_land99

I think the best way of dealing with it, is perhaps trying to ground yourself with the stuff you can actually see. Your partner is with YOU. If you feel really anxious, a face to face conversation where you talk through your thoughts with your partner might be helpful. I know it will feel as though the topic will aggravate your partner, but avoiding the topic could cause you more paranoia and your partner really needs to understand that you have fears

I hope that helps, I’m sorry if it doesn’t but I hope you can get through this x

I

imstillstanding

I think the best way of dealing with it, is perhaps trying to ground yourself with the stuff you can actually see. Your partner is with YOU. If you feel really anxious, a face to face conversation where you talk through your thoughts with your partner might be helpful. I know it will feel as though the topic will aggravate your partner, but avoiding the topic could cause you more paranoia and your partner really needs to understand that you have fears

I hope that helps, I’m sorry if it doesn’t but I hope you can get through this x
thank you sm for your reply<3333
we sometimes do this "thoughts talking" with my partner. it really helps me to get through my fears and i think we need to do this. sometimes my partner thinks that she is not good for me because she causes me a lot of paranoid thoughts and i'm afraid of she will leave me because of her thoughts. there is nothing that i can do about that 🤷🏻‍♀️ she is mostly really understanding tho.
thanks again for your suggestion and reply :hug: