How to get through this?

M

Monica120593

Ocd was giving me more than enough trouble. Now i faced serious depression. Now i feel like i am so irresponisible and immature for my age. I am 25. I feel like 6year old. I compell myself to act like adult. I feel so lazy. I dont want to go to job. I want to lie on bed forever. Its like i am an alien in this world and i dont belong to this world anymore. Though i am poor i am unable to be serious about my life.i cant be happy anymore .its been more than 4 months now. And i feel like i am living as a kid in an adults body. I try to look old but i cant.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I feel you @Monica120593
OCD/intrusive thoughts are horrible and not fun. Have you tried any medication?

I do have intrusive thoughts about my behavior sometimes especially when I play with my kids. Find distractions that can shift your thoughts. Force yourself to go out. Staying at home with all that free time on your hands is not good for OCD because you’re going to invest all that time recycling those thoughts.

I was prescribed Escitalopram for panic attacks, anxiety and depression. It helped me very effectively for intrusive thoughts. I do get them every now and then but not as bad and it became much easier to ignore and direct my thoughts somewhere else.

My prayers and positive thoughts are with you.
Stay strong

M

Monica120593

i am on medication now. i started getting treatment recently. But doctors here are too busy .the can afford only 5 min for a patient. Sometimes i feel i need to survive and i have rights to exist . And sometimes i feel extremely guilty for my thoughts. I convince myself as a sadist and sociopath and try to move on. Its becoming so difficult. I need money to survive but my mind doesnt even realise that fact. I have recently got a job and my abnormal behaviour resulted in too many embarassing things in office. I have decided not to give up this time because i think i am too old and this is my last chance. Sorry for blabbering a lot. I have no clue why i feel so guilty to live. My thoughts are not under my control and religious ocd is often making me feel like crap. I dont even know .i compare my self with murderers and rapists and convince myself that its ok to live. Is this life a punishment for something i did in my past life or something?. People tell that i am doing it on purpose too seek attention and sympathy . I doubt that i really to it for the same as they say. It would have been better if i were born as an animal so that i dont have to live with people and obey the social rules

M

Monica120593

i keep asking sorry to everyone. and sometimes i feel angry on everyone . i feel like i am a mistake and shpuld not have born in the first place. now my obsession is i dont feel my age at all. and this obsession shifts to something else after few days or months . Its getting forever to go away . Even if i am making things up and lying that i am mentally ill i thought its ok to live as anyone in this world today. I dont know what should i do .how should i live? Suicide was too hard for me . And living isn't eady either. I keep comparing myself with other humans and question why i am not like them.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

No need to apologize.
We are all here to help out each other.
I count on you that you have got my back when I need help. 🙂

Trust me Monica, people with ocd are more aware of their thoughts and behavior than healthy people. You are totally fine. Realizing the fact that those thoughts are intrusive and they bother you is a good sign that your personality is different than what your mind is recycling through.

Don’t feel guilty because whatever your faith is or the god you worship is merciful enough not to punish you for your thoughts. Thoughts don’t hurt nor degrade in anyway how sacred your faith is.

By the way, just last week, I had a discussion about intrusive thoughts with my psychologist and she said all people have intrusive thoughts but people with ocd just can’t let go of those thoughts easily and they too aware of processing and analyzing what’s in their minds.
Positive self talk is good and healthy to counterattack the negativity.

Talk with your doctor about your medication. My psychiatrist wanted to prescribe Fluvoxamine to me last but I was doing well on Escitalopram and wanted to give it time to kick in. Fluvoxamine is most prescribed medication for OCD. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about it?

If you ever need help or someone to talk to feel comfortable and don’t hesitate to do so, please.

M

Monica120593

No need to apologize.

Trust me Monica, people with ocd are more aware of their thoughts and behavior than healthy people. You are totally fine. Realizing the fact that those thoughts are intrusive and they bother you is a good sign that your personality is different than what your mind is recycling through.

Don’t feel guilty because whatever your faith is or the god you worship is merciful enough not to punish you for your thoughts. Thoughts don’t hurt nor degrade in anyway how sacred your faith is.

By the way, just last week, I had a discussion about intrusive thoughts with my psychologist and she said all people have intrusive thoughts but people with ocd just can’t let go of those thoughts easily and they too aware of processing and analyzing what’s in their minds.

Talk with your doctor about your medication. My psychiatrist wanted to prescribe Fluvoxamine to me last but I was doing well on Escitalopram and wanted to give it time to kick in. Fluvoxamine is most prescribed medication for OCD. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about it?

If you ever need help or someone to talk to feel comfortable and don’t hesitate to do so, please.
No need to apologize.

M

Monica120593

No need to apologize.

i am on prozac too.. And thank you. Do i have some other disorder along with ocd or its only ocd that makes me fear that i have other persobality disorders. I feared i was pediophile ,the i thought i was psycopath and cried for days ,now i fear i have immaturity personality disorder . I am also afraid of people abandoning me and rejecting me. But i still isolate myself everywhere i go. I have few frnds not more than 3 . And i talk only to 2 . I think i am very abnormal being. Why do i feel the need of others approval and forgiveness for everything i do . Thank you for being here

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

You are very welcome @Monica120593 🙂

If you are not doing any rituals( thing you repeatedly do to make you feel better), you have what’s called Pure O( Pure OCD) which are only intrusive thoughts. One thought leads to another then you end up thinking that you have all kind of problems with your mental health. People with OCD usually take measures to avoid the scenarios that plays in their head. For example, you avoid being around children because you think you might do something bad to them. This is to assure yourself that your thoughts don’t become reality. To me, I believe, you are the most trusted and the least harmful to any child. You are extremely aware of what’s right and what’s wrong.

You also don’t have personality disorder for sure. Personality disorder is way different than what you’re experiencing. By thinking and assuming that you might have this or that mental health issue isn’t helping you.

As for Prozac, it’s known to be good for people with PTSD, depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Fluvoxamine is the best for OCD as well as Lexapro. I am no expert in anyway but I’ve been dealing with PTSD and OCD since 2004 and I’ve done so much research and gather information through out the years. My psychologist is very close friend of mine. I also have a friend who’s medical doctor and children psychiatrist. I always turn to them for information. Lexapro or Escitalopram( Generic Name) is very easy on the body and if your lucky, you could see results within 3-4 days. That’s what happened with me.

You have to accept the fact that all people have intrusive thoughts. Also learn to accept you do have intrusive thoughts and educate yourself more about it. Be very detailed about how you feel with your doctor.

Sorry for the long reply 🙂

Peace and blessings 🌷

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Having OCD causes all kinds of fears. I should know I'm va sufferer of the illness.

The term for religion OCD is called Scrupulosity.

How to deal in a religion sense: Are intrusive thoughts sin? Are spontaneous violent, sexual, or blasphemous thoughts sin?

How to deal in a psychology sense:
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Instead doing a these relaxation techniques (mediation, deep breathing, yoga etc), you can pray, mediate on God's word, and do another exercise. Or if it's your thang to do those relaxation techniques do them.

The saying is don't grow up too fast LoL. Don't force yourself to anything you don't want to do. Your 25 and in the right maturity process for your age. We were once little, but now we are big kids now still learning, growing, and developing. Don't rush it.

Also conquering OCD with CBT is more effective than drug treatment.

As my quote says↓ GL GB BS!

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

It's the OCD (condition/illness) not the religion. The religion isn't the cause to your OCD. So I take that back. You have a religious background, but that's not why you develop OCD.

As they say, "In families with religious beliefs, a child expressing faith and strong moral principles is usually a welcome development. But sometimes a child’s faith may become an obsession, and instead of consolation the child experiences extreme anxiety that he is violating religious norms and desperation to correct his perceived mistakes. This is what happens when children develop obsessive-compulsive disorder and it manifests itself in their religion. Not all people with OCD will develop religious obsessions or compulsions, but it is a theme that is fairly common. Other common themes include obsessing over cleanliness, symmetry and “bad thoughts” including sexual obsessions.Sometimes it can look like a person’s faith is causing his symptoms, but religion is more like an unfortunate bystander along for the ride. If you think about a person with OCD who worries about germs and washes his hands compulsively, it’s clear that the germs aren’t causing his behavior; the OCD is responsible for it. Religious OCD works the same way.“It could happen to any religion, but it’s not about religion, it’s about OCD,” explains Jerry Bubrick, PhD, a clinical psychologist at the Child Mind Institute. “We don’t treat people with religious OCD like they’re religious zealots, we treat the condition.”

I have experience this before now that I read the article. I just did it not too long ago the Scrupulosity. Wow! I'm amazed! I can relate to everything this article says. I know what you're going through luv. Read those articles. GL GB BS!

Citations:
"Understanding Religious OCD". Rachel Ehmke. www.childmind.org.

Liza9560

Liza9560

Monica, I’m sorry you’re so confused! But you can talk here and we’ll not judge you. An interesting point was made in a book I read: Intrusive thoughts aren’t how you really feel, or you wouldn’t be so disturbed by them!

We must reroute our brains! Praying helps, too.

It can be frustrating dealing with busy doctors, but you’ve just gotta keep that pro in there until you’re done asking them your questions! And please try to find a therapist to talk to. If you need financial assistance, many therapists offer discounted rates for those who can’t afford to pay their normal fees. Also, there may be programs, associations that will help you out, too.

Let’s get you feeling better!

C

Clark75

Hang in there! It can take a few weeks for medications to start to work and even then it is
trial and error getting the correct meds. Is there anyone else, family, friends, preferably a
therapist, that you can talk to if you feel the Drs have so little time for you?