• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how to get out from depression

K

kiaarrajones1987

I am new here. i just wanted you to know that now a days i m in deep depression and i am not able to handle it. please provide a way to get over from this condition.

Kerome

Kerome

If anyone knows an answer I'd love to hear it :) I have a good friend who also suffers with major depression, she cries a lot and is barely able to manage. I try and take her out for activities that help her not focus too much on her troubles like small, peaceful concerts and bicycle rides in nature, and spend a lot of time on the phone with her telling her that it will all pass, that she'll be ok in a while (her troubles are due to a number of big shocks to her life that all came together). But it feels like applying a band aid to a broken arm, little enough help in the face of great distress.

Oh and :welcome:

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed. It's a horrible feeling, but it is something you can improve over time. Different things work for different people, and I'm not sure what stage you're at - but here are some suggestions, at least:

I would suggest going to see your GP (if you haven't already) and discuss what medications or therapies might be appropriate for you. I'd also suggest practising mindfulness techniques. Getting exercise and eating well helps a surprising amount too.

I hope there are people with whom you can spend time when you're feeling particularly low. If, however, you feel you don't want to discuss this with people around you, call the Samaritans. I've called them before and they're really good.

If you're ever feeling so low that you feel unsafe, please go to A&E.

Wish you all the best.