• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

How to get my life back?

M

missunknown

I'm in probably the worst state I've ever been in. I graduated high school kinda recently. Ever since then my anxiety has worsened. I'm at the point where I don't really leave the house. When I do go out, it's a process of trying to "look presentable". Only to lead me feeling gross and regretting being out.
Then there's also my low self esteem. I feel very gross about how I look. I know people have flaws but I feel like I have no redeeming qualities. I'm trying to fix some of the stuff. I'm also trying to reassure that im okay, though it's not working. I'm also very insecure how I act too. I feel like I'm too awkward and stupid. Basically to sum it up, I don't like myself.

I realize though that I'm getting older so I'm trying to help myself. I am applying for jobs so I can have money. The problem is all of what I'm struggling with. Its hard to be alone with myself, not to mention in public.
I tell my friends about my insecurities and they tell me how great I am. Blah blah all that, and it helps for a minute, that's it. My family is too preoccupied with their stuff. Or they just don't understand and assume I can get over it. I tried chatrooms/forums for help, but noone responds. I'm so frustrated with everything, that I've contemplated self harm.

I'm so so sorry for the rant, I just need help. I'm wondering how can I get my life back. I want to be a confident, normal, happy person. I guess I'm asking, how can I be confident? If I fake confidence, will I get it? How do I actually get rid of my anxiety? How do I like myself?
Any tips/advice/encouragement, anything at all is appreciated. It'd also would be great to hear success stories from people lile me.

F

Fancyharm

Hi Missunknown

It is interesting that you talk about faking confidence etc, I have used re-wiring of the amygdala and it has been a huge help to me. It takes time, but it works. I think your comment about faking means you are suggesting a form of re-wiring to yourself, which is good. Why don't you look up re-wiring and the amygdala. I also find that making handwritten notes in a notebook helps as it is a good way of refreshing what you have learned.

Also use the forum to communicate with people, the forum has helped me a lot.

Last edited:
M

missunknown

Hi Fancyharm,

Yeah, that's true. What I have is basically like bad habits, so I should try to fake it. Or develop good habits/rewiring like you said.
I'll look up rewiring and the amygdala. :)

And okay, that's also a good idea! Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to talk to others. Thanks for reading my post in general.

Last edited: