• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to find out about someone I knew ?

U

understandingfan

Complex situation...basically I knew someone at work a few years ago. She had a lot of problems with anger and has a bad personality disorder. The situation got so bad evetually she was 'transferred' to another location job wise this did'nt last long though. I did'nt realize the extent of her particular problems until after she left. It was rather sad to see I must say not having any experience before of anyone with mental health issues and so I genuinly felt sorry for her

Anyway I made the mistake of finding her address and writing to her a few times. The first time and this was purely to be nice I sent her flowers to try and persuade her to call me, left my phone number etc. As we 'got on' in a small way I found it odd at the time to get no response from her

A few months went by and I wrote to her again asking hwo she was getting on etc it was nothing more than this...

No response so I tried again months later...

I have now been prevented to contact her anymore let's say, I won't state the obvious but anyone with half a brain can probably guess why not

So to get back to the original question is there anyone I can contact to find out how she is etc, someone I can talk to about this etc

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I wouldn't think so, it would be a breach of this persons confidentiality for anyone to discuss this with you. I mean, I'd be upset if even my close family were trying to find things out about my condition. To be honest I think I'd just give up on it. Although its very nice that you've been thinking of this person and are worried about their state of mind they have obviously made it clear that they want no help or contact from you so I think I'd just take the hint and leave it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but thats the way I see it.

U

understandingfan

No you are right. I would say this also probably if I had'nt known her talked to her etc. She suffers from extreme paronoia also, very mixed up girl like woman...what a fool I am

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Not a fool, possibly just too caring!! Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much you want to help people if they don't want your help theres really not a lot you can do about it!!

U

understandingfan

Hmm a fool to be caring...Someone must know her anyway...