How to find a job and deal with the pressure

P

Palebluedot

Hi,

I wanted to know how everyone deals with the modern world, how people deal with high pressure performance related work and pressure of maintaining a successful life in the 21st century UK with respect to their condition. Specifically in relation to the immense fianancial pressures we are under and the lack of sympathy afforded to those struggling as a result of illness or disability. How do we overcome this and be a part of today's society.

Im really struggling with social anxiety and depression and have done throughout my whole life. I'm almost 30 and currently am unable to look after myself financially and am almost entirely dependent on my partner. How do you make the world understand you don't wanna be this way and that it's a condition you have? I feel like the way my brain is wired has definitely prevented me from living a happy life and it seems to me we are becoming more of a narcissistic and shallow uncompassionate species. It feels like it's only going to get tougher and we are really up against it here.

I'm new to this forum. Having read alot of your posts I see so many parallels with what I'm experiencing/have experienced everyone is going through. Any thoughts you have regarding what I've posted would be most welcome :)

I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to forming new friendships.

Thanks

N

natalie

If you are worried about pressure, and I see that you suffer with social anxiety (Hi by th eway, welcome to the forums) your best bet probably would be to entertain the idea of volunteering. Volunteering can be done in many forms, and provided, rhetoically this to follow, that you are at the moment on benefits, of some sort or another, you can then still receive benefits, and also volunteer.

i basically volunteer for charitible organisations, in admin volunteering, ad hoc, meaning on occasions, and I also have a weekly voluntary posiiton, which I can't return to, until all being well, October.

It's a concern I have to support you that seeing you have social anxiety issues, maybe paid work full time, or even on apart time, arrangement, isn't the ideal solution.

i'm sure others in due course, will come along to support and advise.

Welcome aboard to MHF again.

P

Palebluedot

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Yes I have considered doing volunteer work.
Im afraid I am somewhat of someone that has a real concern about 'doing my bit' and tend to give myself a real hard time about no earning money. My concern with benefits is the stigma that's attached to it and the dwp continued demonising of anyone unemployed. I don't feel like we are living in a country that is tolerant anymore

Its just very difficult to gear yourself up for everyday beibg scared of authority figures. I'm sure everyone reading this knows what I mean, but it's a fear that is paralysing. I start group therapy in 2 months.

Thank you it's nice speaking to someone who understands