How to drown out Voices?

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

Do you listen to music to drown out voices/noises ?

What do you listen to?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

When I am stressed and I hear voices I listen to my soothing relaxing music like Dan Fogelberg. But when I'm in other moods, I might listen to louder music like heavy metal to drown them out.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I found the best way to do it is to read books, as long as you're talking in your mind your voice can't.

I can recommend two books on hearing voices.

"Living with Voices, 50 stories of recovery" By Prof Marius Romme, Dr Sandra Escher et al.

and "Hearing Voices: A Common Human Experience" By John Watkins.

N

natalie

Hi,

I listen to Sister Act, Hairspray, Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary Theatrical evening, celebrations, 2 cd combined, and Dreamgirls also 2 cds combined.

I'll also will listen to Jane McDonald, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, and Tony Bennett and Diana Krall, and also, don't laugh, and I am just waiting for a 3rd cd, of a series of cds, in all, the 3rd one to be released, for Bradley Walsh. I shoudl point out that these are combined collaboaration cd works of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, one cd, and also Tony Bennett and Diana Krall another one cd.

Now, when the voices materliase, and along of the fact I'm on med, 25ml, though I am trialing me on 20ml, at the moment, and I'm overall fine, I will simply put on musicals, realising probably that the voices probably won't like my musical tastes, and, what's more works, every time.

I have used music as powerful technical aid tool for my hearing voices and also intrusive thoughts, fr om external sources, for many years, and as I say works every time, when I have a mental issue of this nature come up.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I am listening to "4am chillout" playlist, precisely to drown out the voices.

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I found the best way to do it is to read books, as long as you're talking in your mind your voice can't.

I can recommend two books on hearing voices.

"Living with Voices, 50 stories of recovery" By Prof Marius Romme, Dr Sandra Escher et al.

and "Hearing Voices: A Common Human Experience" By John Watkins.
Am going to try and get these book - thanks

F

Feathers1984

I cope by constantly humming A song in my head even if it’s made up. As long as this music is playing in my head I find that I can drown them out

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I cope by constantly humming A song in my head even if it’s made up. As long as this music is playing in my head I find that I can drown them out
I wish I could do that but my voices come through singing or as part of a constant riff. Trying to sing or hum to them makes them fight harder. :low:

blokadeknight

blokadeknight

I’m a keen cyclist and find when I’m out on my bike it helps, or I go for a swim. At home I find music or podcasts help

burt tomato

burt tomato

I am listening to Andrea Bocelli - it is really classy music :clap:

modem

modem

I am listening to Archangel Mickael until it's all over lol

M

MissPink

Podcasts are good, keeping yourself busy so your mind doesn't focus on silly stuff, I listen to rap music and watch YouTube videos

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

music for when voices are loud/overpowering but when out of pure loneliness podcasts are my thing feels like i actually have friends

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Well, unfortunately my copy of Jane McDonald live a t the Palladium went faulty on me, mind you I have owned it, since 2010. I have ordred another copy.

Still regularly listening to Sister Act, Hairpsray, I might try Legally Blond again, aware that Legally Blonde 3 is soon to be released film wise, other Jane McDonald cds, and Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga and also Tony Bennett, and Diana Krall.