• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how to deal with the mood swings that come with Schizoaffective

D

duvdar

Hey All

Been dating someone with Anxiety, Depression, And Schizoaffective. I love her very much but one thing that has been a battle for us is what to do each day when she is going through a down mood swing. Anytime this happens she has thoughts of guilt for not being able to give back what she feels she should be at this point in the relationship. She has thoughts or letting me go because she feels she is hurting me. What I am really looking for is any advice on how we might be able to deal with the down swings. Something I can do to help. Or maybe there is something she can do to help herself? Any advice would be great thanks in advance.

BTW- She is not on any meds at the moment. She said she does not want to make decisions on the relationship while on meds.

T

tumbleweed13502

Hey All

Been dating someone with Anxiety, Depression, And Schizoaffective. I love her very much but one thing that has been a battle for us is what to do each day when she is going through a down mood swing. Anytime this happens she has thoughts of guilt for not being able to give back what she feels she should be at this point in the relationship. She has thoughts or letting me go because she feels she is hurting me. What I am really looking for is any advice on how we might be able to deal with the down swings. Something I can do to help. Or maybe there is something she can do to help herself? Any advice would be great thanks in advance.

BTW- She is not on any meds at the moment. She said she does not want to make decisions on the relationship while on meds.
thats bad, she doesnt want to take meds because she feels it will mess up the relationship but her symptoms are messing up the relationship. she will have these mood swings unless she takes meds, i think you guys would have a better relationship if she took them and was more stable.

D

duvdar

thats bad, she doesnt want to take meds because she feels it will mess up the relationship but her symptoms are messing up the relationship. she will have these mood swings unless she takes meds, i think you guys would have a better relationship if she took them and was more stable.
Thank you for the feedback, Her and I are thankful.