• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to deal with severe anxiety and stress?

M

MimiSubs

Hi,

I am a 31year old married working woman. I lost my mother three years back due to cancer. I was just trying to cope with the situation but in the next year I got to know that my younger brother has end stage renal disease. In the meantime, I also got married hurriedly (with the wish to have my mom present at the wedding but that eventually didn't happen). My husband and I work in London and my brother stays in India, our native country. Now I am always in the constant mental pressure that I am not there with my brother in this time. He has to go through a kidney transplant but we cannot start the process as I am away. Due to covid, all my plans this year got cancelled. I am juggling so much between my job, my married life and the situation with my brother. Recently, I got diagnosed with some hormonal conditions and have been advised to conceive as soon as possible. I want that too. But I do not know how I can handle a pregnancy and also my brother's health, with my husband staying away from me. I am so anxious that cannot sleep, often quarrel with my husband or even my brother himself!! I know it is harmful for my health. Please help!

Sorry for the long first message but I hope you understand my situation. Hope to receive some answers.

Thanking you,
MimiSubs

R

Rosie2729

Hi MimiSubs,

Sorry to hear about all that, i send a hug your way. I understand the pain of a parent passing away, i really do sympathise with your pain. It may be worth talking to a GP about anxiety or stress? I suffer from anxiety and depression and I'm defiantly glad i went to my GP, i wasn't able to cope alone.