• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How to deal with critical people. (Article)

amathus

amathus

How to Deal with Critical People | World of Psychology

"Critical people make rude comments, judge our decisions, talk at length about what we’re doing wrong or rarely have anything nice to say. One way to deal with them is to stop being with them altogether.

But this isn’t easy to do when the critical person is your boss, colleague, family member or your partner’s father. In other words, you can’t just stop seeing them for the rest of your life. And in some cases you might have to interact with them on a daily basis.

The problem with being around critical people is that they’re draining, said Ashley Thorn, a licensed marriage and family therapist in Salt Lake City, Utah. Thorn works with individuals, couples, and families in helping them improve their relationships...."

Last edited:
D

Dottyone

Tell them to get to shit and piss off, and if they dont like it then tuff shit.

FTW.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

For some people learning to cope and deal with critical people is an important skill. I say this because it totally depends on whether or not your life is filled with critical individuals. If your lucky, that you don't have these sorts of individuals then I guess there's no need to learn such skill but even then it's still useful and helpful since most people at some point encounter a critical individual.