• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

how to deal with constantly being seen as a villain who needs to be crushed when you don't even have bad intentions to anyone?

M

MHFPokeplantz

Sounds like part of this might be paranoia. Are you sure they aren't just joking? Seems a bit odd and unprofessional for a teacher to behave like that unless he wasn't intending it as an insult.

I can relate though. I struggle to push myself to socialize due to a recurring delusion that my friends secretly don't like me. It's almost never as true as I think it is but it isn't an unfounded fear because my behavior has costed me friends for most of my life. On the other hand, I often underestimate how understanding people can be.
Many teacher can be really bad. And its considered normal or "funny" by many students too. Some teachers are not much different from bullies

M

MHFPokeplantz

It might be paranoia but there's every reason to believe it's not. Bullies are everywhere. Just because you haven't been on the receiving end of it doesn't make everybody else paranoid.
It's bad enough having to go through those kinds of experiences without someone then telling you you're paranoid.

And if you think professionals are any different then you can think again.
EXAAAACTLY

B

Blues47

It's interesting, I'm a white guy born and raised in the US and I've been treated similarly my whole life. It's one of the reasons I'm on a mental health forum. I get that I have some issues that make me an easy target but what baffles me is why people feel compelled to attack me as if like you say they think I'm a threat of some sort. Personally I try to make people feel better about themselves, not worse.

Empish

Empish

They are sadists (PD), it gives them a 'happy buzz' when they cause others pain.

Empish

Empish

'Everyday Sadists are more common than you think'. This is an interesting article.

M

MHFPokeplantz

Yes, culture INDIRECTLY praises sadists, just see how many ppl with Narcisistic or Psycho/Socio-path traits are admired, followed

Power and goal achievements are extremely well seen, and guess what, these sadist people are all about this, and usually drain other ppl for it

R

Roxylox

Hi,

This is something I noticed in college. I'm a foreigner here with unique looks and dress differently.
I notice many of my colleagues enjoy my misfortunes and think it's justice when I didn't even do anything to them.
random students and even staff glare at me and harass me as if I was a beast need to be taken down.
one time even one teacher clearly said something infant of the whole class to embarrass me when I got a bit nervous during presenation. It happened because I was harassed in the streets on my way to school but I didn't tell teacher.

lol my life is crazy
I don't have bad intentions and I'm not judgmental or hateful person
so why some people show so much hostility toward me and how to deal with it?
Is this a normal life lol?
I'm from this country, look similar enough to others and get treated like a threat just like you do. I think it's cos of my slight social awkwardness. I often get viewed with suspicion in shops and was where I used to work.

It's not normal life for most people, but it seems its normal life for me. It's down to narrow minded, judgmental people

R

Rochefort 10

I think social exclusion has a lot of effects on people that are generally not talked about outside threads like this. My main issue if I have been excluded from a group, isn't a fear of not belonging, but it's the vulnerability that happens when youre alone. If no one listens to you or takes you seriously, youre open to problems that wont get solved. Some people in our society specifically look for vulnerable people to mess with, because they know there will be few consequences. Also, the reluctance to talk about the realities of social exclusion can make us feel paranoid when we try to address it, leading to more isolation and vulnerability.

R

Roxylox

I think social exclusion has a lot of effects on people that are generally not talked about outside threads like this. My main issue if I have been excluded from a group, isn't a fear of not belonging, but it's the vulnerability that happens when youre alone. If no one listens to you or takes you seriously, youre open to problems that wont get solved. Some people in our society specifically look for vulnerable people to mess with, because they know there will be few consequences. Also, the reluctance to talk about the realities of social exclusion can make us feel paranoid when we try to address it, leading to more isolation and vulnerability.
That is so very true, I feel I can only discuss it in a forum. It does make it harder to bear.

Hemoglobin99

How does this make me so anxious to read?
I know they are hurting me because they know something I don't or they don't know anything at all.... doesn't help me through this.... maybe an android dude will rescue me in exchange for never ENJOY(ing?) being touched
*sweet that he ever let me*

M

MHFPokeplantz

You said it all, THANKS

Worse than the exclusion is the CONSEQUENCES of it. So if the exclusion already harms enough......

M

MHFPokeplantz

Feeling like you cant count on anybody, because youre the "paranoid".

The effects are very similar to abuse (of any type) consequences