• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how to deal with constantly being seen as a villain who needs to be crushed when you don't even have bad intentions to anyone?

M

MedicalUnicorn

Hi,

This is something I noticed in college. I'm a foreigner here with unique looks and dress differently.
I notice many of my colleagues enjoy my misfortunes and think it's justice when I didn't even do anything to them.
random students and even staff glare at me and harass me as if I was a beast need to be taken down.
one time even one teacher clearly said something infant of the whole class to embarrass me when I got a bit nervous during presenation. It happened because I was harassed in the streets on my way to school but I didn't tell teacher.

lol my life is crazy
I don't have bad intentions and I'm not judgmental or hateful person
so why some people show so much hostility toward me and how to deal with it?
Is this a normal life lol?

S

Shay94

There's not really much you can do except just ignore what they say or do. You can't help feeling nervous while doing a presentation, everyone feels that way. It shouldn't matter how you look or where you come from but some people in this world aren't always nice to others. The reason they do it is coz they're not happy with someone going on in their life so they be mean to others to make themselves feel better. I'm half aboriginal so never really had many people I could trust, and those that did make fun of me etc, I just ignored them & didn't show them any attention. They tried to keep going but when they realized I wasn't gonna pay attention to their crap, they eventually left me alone so that's just my way of handling bullies etc, hopefully it'll work for you

S

Social Experiment

Punishment for a past life? Maybe,if you believe the new agers, you asked for this before you were born, to give you this hell in order to train and strengthen you?

Just ignore it. Think of yourself as the blacksmiths sword being sharpened and tested by fire. What doesn't kill you right?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Hi there. Is there a very big contrast to the way you dress and the way the whole town/country dresses?

D

Draper

Hi,

This is something I noticed in college. I'm a foreigner here with unique looks and dress differently.
I notice many of my colleagues enjoy my misfortunes and think it's justice when I didn't even do anything to them.
random students and even staff glare at me and harass me as if I was a beast need to be taken down.
one time even one teacher clearly said something infant of the whole class to embarrass me when I got a bit nervous during presenation. It happened because I was harassed in the streets on my way to school but I didn't tell teacher.

lol my life is crazy
I don't have bad intentions and I'm not judgmental or hateful person
so why some people show so much hostility toward me and how to deal with it?
Is this a normal life lol?
Sometimes social anxiety can be like paranoia, if we get out of the diagnostic silos. Maybe people were glaring at you due to something about you, maybe you felt they were but they were just looking. Maybe there's a feedback loop where you get anxious/annoyed and start glaring around yourself and others wonder why. Maybe the teacher singled you out or maybe that's a level of joshing with people that just happens good naturedly. Only way to know I guess, is to check, either asking people on your own if you can, or in a suitable therapy process (if such exists).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Social Anxiety Forum 3
Linda1989 Social Anxiety Forum 2