• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How to deal if I'm being stalked by a psychopath?

O

ohno

Seven years ago I was romantically involved with a man who I believe is a psychopath with some delusional disorder. He was very weird and socially awkward that I even thought he might have autism, but since he is very malicious, I doubt it. I broke up with him because he was extremely abusive to me in every way possible. So I followed everything you need to do after you end a relationship with someone who has NPD.

Ever since I went no contact he is stalking me. Police in my country won't do absolutely nothing unless he physically assaults me. I have no evidence since he has never threatened me in messages etc. Also I have no videos since nothing is really going on.

He just makes sure I know I am being followed and he walks behind me, or appears out of nowhere in some obscure street and so on. If I'm alone he stares at me and walks towards me. If I'm with someone he avoids eye contact but still makes sure his presence is intimidating to me. I stay away from him or ignore him.

I used to have PTSD because of him, but since he's been stalking me for seven years, I am not so anxious anymore, but more annoyed. Does anyone know what am I supposed to do to make this stop? Also does he seems dangerous to you, like the stalking might escalate?

T

tiltawhirl3

I have also been stalked. Mine actually did more than just track me. It is so frightening! But yes, they both sound like the same kind of guy. It has happened to me twice now. 2 different men at the same time for awhile..both ex's.
Eventually I moved a long distance away as I couldn't just wait for them to die!
If he hasn't escalated in 7 years, I doubt he would now.

Z

Zoe1

hi ohno :welcome:

yes I have something like that
and having dated him makes it all the more difficult isn't it
my stalker is more online than in real life
and there is no proof

but I would try to keep whatever records you can
whether its internet posts
or in your case I might consider
swerving round and taking a photo

if he approaches you about the photo say it was just the scenery behind him

:grouphug:🕯

S

strawberrywater

If he hasn't escalated in 7 years, I doubt he would now.
I got a social media message from one crazy ex bf after about 6 years of no contact. I ignored it of course, but like the narcissist he is, he made sure to end the message with "You don't need to reply" to still be in control. I wish he'd drop off the face of the earth honestly.

S

strawberrywater

I experienced similar, but all online stalking from an ex. He made fake accounts, followed mine, spammed me, tried to hack me. Never sent messages or anything. I knew it was him but couldn't prove it to the police, but I still filed a report so they have it in their records.

Keep your own records, keep a journal of dates and times you encounter him. Like Zoe said, taking pictures is a good idea, but that's up to you. If you think it would make him escalate, then don't. But pictures are always proof of him following you. If you feel comfortable, you could start yelling for help if he gets too close or tries to touch you. Record video.

If I were getting stalked in person, I would just out-weird them lol Make weird noises, do weird dances, stuff like that to make them go away 😂

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
firstly i wouldnt claim he is a psychopath if it is just a assumption and he hasnt been diagnosed. Not your fault to do so but seems to be a very common thing with people when they get out of relationships to start telling everyone the ex is a psychopath.
As far as the stalking goes, you said he has been doing it for 7 years and i assume he has done nothing violent in that time, so i would see it more as a annoyance.
You can always go for a apprehended violence order (AVO) or as some call it a restraining order. Basically you can put one on someone when you feel you are in any danger when it comes to that person and that person will not be allowed anywhere near you.
Sounds like this guy wont care about that order at all and that is the point. Once he breaks it and he most likely will, you can report it and he will be arrested