• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How to cope with this problem...

K

Kriss000777

So I've been having anxiety since a child,ocd,phobias etc but one of the worst things that always seem to bother me was health anxiety.When I used to get sick I always portrayed the worst things in my mind which lead to a state of hopelessness.

It happened when I got scoliosis during first year of high school,where for 6 months straight I thought I was having herniated discs and as a consequence I was going to be sitting in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.

It also happened when I used to have strong headaches from a tooth where I thought I had brain cancer and inevitably I was going to die.

All these episodes and some others led to me being put on lexapro 10mg since the last july.It has helped me a lot with my general anxiety,ocd,panic attacks etc. But 2 days ago I ate some cow brains and now I have convinced myself that I hace variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease( aka mad cow disease) I have been very unenergetic lately because of this thing.
Mad cow disease is fatal,causes a very quick death,it has no cure ,no way to detect it,it is dormant for a few years etc.All these things are making me very depressive and are raising a lot of why's.
Plus, I am from a place where food control is almos inexistent and this makes my anxiety worse.

Sorry for thr long post guys but has anyone else here experienced the same things related to the mad cow disease?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
So I've been having anxiety since a child,ocd,phobias etc but one of the worst things that always seem to bother me was health anxiety.When I used to get sick I always portrayed the worst things in my mind which lead to a state of hopelessness.

It happened when I got scoliosis during first year of high school,where for 6 months straight I thought I was having herniated discs and as a consequence I was going to be sitting in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.

It also happened when I used to have strong headaches from a tooth where I thought I had brain cancer and inevitably I was going to die.

All these episodes and some others led to me being put on lexapro 10mg since the last july.It has helped me a lot with my general anxiety,ocd,panic attacks etc. But 2 days ago I ate some cow brains and now I have convinced myself that I hace variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease( aka mad cow disease) I have been very unenergetic lately because of this thing.
Mad cow disease is fatal,causes a very quick death,it has no cure ,no way to detect it,it is dormant for a few years etc.All these things are making me very depressive and are raising a lot of why's.
Plus, I am from a place where food control is almos inexistent and this makes my anxiety worse.

Sorry for thr long post guys but has anyone else here experienced the same things related to the mad cow disease?
I don't have anxiety as a disorder, but am a person who worries. I found that accepting one day i would die from something, helped. I also found that realising worrying does nothing but waste time and energy.

It is better to try and enjoy myself and forget about possible cancer or covid or whatever symptom i might have at the time. I am going to die from something and there is nothing much i can do about it. Worrying about anything is pointless because it will either happen or it won't.

Enjoy my time, my days, try to do things that make me feel happy.

This is my outlook on life.