• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How to cope with Paranoia

L

Layla12

Does anyone else really struggle with abandonment issues, trust and paranoia ? I don’t want to harass the people I care about but I can be really on edge sometimes and need that reassurance how have people dealt with this without pressurising people ?

jajingna

jajingna

How did you come to know you have abandonment issues? These things sound complicated and deep-seated, not easily put aside.

L

Layla12

I feel like with my childhood and adult trauma it’s a sure thing, I’m constantly thinking people will leave

Intareseid

Intareseid

Uhm... Have you tried talking to people and trying to find a middle ground with them?

I understand a lot of people just don't react well to mental health issues but I think being open and honest can help disarm a lot of the stigma. So maybe just telling people about your insecurities and ask them to what point they would feel comfortable reassuring you, that way you set specific, mutually agreed boundaries and it may even help a tiny bit with your paranoia, as you would know what to expect from people.

J

joeyfivecents

I struggle with this when my BPD gets out of control. This happens when I'm not doing my work (meditating, therapy, dialectical behavior therapy workbook, etc.). I'm not here to give advice, just to let you know you're not alone. I know how you feel.

B

Butterfly3

Honestly this is something I really struggle with too, it’s an awful feeling and I’m sorry you’re going through this because it really does pull you apart and make you feel like crap. If you’re in therapy I would really urge you to talk to them about this as they will know what’s best and help you find the best ways to cope. I would personally recommend DBT skills like opposite action, check the facts, emotional management and interpersonal effectiveness. I hope you feel better soon and learn to cope with this!